Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ This doesn't suprise me at all. I work at a wireless store ... General Blackberry forum

orangeagent no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24B4DF6C

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This doesn't suprise me at all. I work at a wireless store and absolutely none of the other reps other than me know (or care) about anything wireless, they're just there for the paycheck and have no problem being ignorant, they just ask me when they run into a problem or have a question, cool thing is, I usually end up grabbing their customers eventually and turning into profits of my own. : )

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    I don't think they are dumb....well maybe a few......they aren't as savey or informed. Our jobs as sales persons and as friends of the uninformed is to educate.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    On a personal note......I would like thank everyone who has and will continue contribute to this thread. This is my first I hope of many and I love the feedback there has been. I have always read and left a reply here and there but never started one. Thanks again.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    nope, unless you moved in the last 7 months lol, way to far away, offthahorse :P
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think it's OUR place to inform them!
    I was a tech for GM for 30yrs. We sold over 12 brands. And I can say that NO one could or did study every brand and model. And if a salesman loved iPhone and hated BB's...you get my point. It is not the technicians or salesmans jobs to direct customers to every possible General Motors site. Let alone the aftermarkets sites too!
    But I think that it would be a courtesy of an excellent sales or tech to provide the info if they know it. It can keep repeated business. The more you know.........

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    I first found out about the Stacks from an AT&T rep who, similar to Gary - gave me a sheet with links on it. So this was indeed cool that an AT&T rep did know about it.

Every time I encounter a CSR from any carrier, I always ask them if they've heard of PinStack and probably 9 times out of 10 they haven't.
    That's when I tell them and whip out the card
    I tell them to watch their sales grow when their customers come back to thank them for the referral to such a great site.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I'm pretty much just like you orange... the go-to guy when it comes to the devices. I love it! I'm always telling customers to sign up here at Pinstack.It's an excellent resource tool for smartphones, and it holds them over til I get back to work the next day... LOL.

PIN/ID
    24B4DF6C
    I know exactly how you feel impak875...I do the same thing, my thing is that I like the customers to find out stuff on their own, so I love giving them links to sites like pinstack, and many more to educate themselves.
    -JB

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    yeah ahh funny little story. i am using a verizon blackberry 8330 curve.
    i went into the store to ask them about when the bold would be coming to verizon and the salesman that manages the balckberry sales said sometime within the next 6 months and i was like ohh thats sweet. however when i asked him about certain issues with the blackberry browser and the question about why the opera browser always seems to ask you if you want to access a low level network he had no idea what i was talking about. oddly enough a salesman that had just started goes ohh yeah i saw that topic on pinstack yesterday, i was very amused how the guy that is the manager of blackberry sales has been there since verizon started selling mobile phones and had no idea, yet the young guy was very up on his blackberry knowledge and proceed to refer the man to pinstack
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Now you all know the answer. Just wear your new Pinstack.com t-shirt to the stores and get the ball rolling!
    Besides, it usually takes 20+ minutes to get waited on anyway! Makes for great conversation with the customers too. And you might pick up a good friend along the way.....

PIN/ID
    24B4DF6C
    I like that idea SVTcobra! I would like to add that isn't it funny that all to often, the ppl at the bottom and least paid are the only ppl that really know this stuff, I was in that situation myself for many years before moving up to where I am now. I really would like to figure out why businesses are always doing that crap. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by orangeagent; 01-28-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: mispelled word

skillz9669 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    209949D9
    Quote Originally Posted by boomermarkovich View Post
    OFFTHAHORSECEO wrote:

"our job is to sell service, our product is at&t, the devices are just a means to an end."

I think your statement is unfortunately true. You do sell the service but, the product is not the means to an end. Selling the service is also knowing your product beyond what the manual tells you. I can read the manuel. I need you to tel me where I can find cool stuff. Themes. Third party apps. That's why i'm spending my hard earned money here today on your product and not the guy down the street who has gone to the extra effort.

I work for AT&T myself. Remember, we are trying to feed our kids and families here. We don't get paid on selling third party apps, themes, etc... So when we sell. We sell what we have and offer. Now obviously reps SHOULD learn some extra stuff to add some icing to the tech lovers however in no way would I say it should be a requirement. Most of the REPS I know do have more knowledge of 3rd party stuff, in fact we look at it everyday. I don't mention most of it because my manager yells at me if he hears me talk about it. Its reality of the business. If we help someone screw up their phone and they come back to another rep and tell them "well so and so told me about this and now my phone isn't working". its not worth the aggravation.
    -Skillz-

"If winners never quit and quitters never win, then people who never win and never quit are just IDIOTS"

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    just had a gentleman come up to my store lookin for a skin for his 8350i. i hadnt seen one until then so naturally my curiosity got the best of me. we started talkin blackberry and he mentioned the "OTHER" blackberry forum. apparently he had never heard of pinstack but now he knows

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    For those of us who have been fortunate enough to have come across this site, we can help pass the word of what can be learned here. I like sharing with others who have not heard of PS to check it out, meet others and learn more about their device. And now that it has branched out from being BB exclusive, there's even more people to reach (and entertain from time to time).

For those who sell phones or accessories or assist others in a professional setting, tell them about PS (if you are allowed).

It shouldn't surprise us that there are many who haven't heard of PS, but help them out and help spread the word.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    when I sell a phone and the customer spends a decent amount of money with me, or picks out a good amount of features, I bless them with "The List." It's a list of great apps, sites and cool things that you can do with various phones. Most of the stuff on the list I got from here (and other sites too). One thing I always do is to circle Pinstack.com and, yes, the other site too. One thing I never do, though, is to give out such great information to just anybody... just the deserving. My services are good, but they aren't free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast