A friend ask me about why his pearls battery is running down so fast and ... General Blackberry forum

sloancanfield no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31cb99c4

Does the blackberry browser always run??

Advertisement

A friend ask me about why his pearls battery is running down so fast and he said something about he read someplace that his bb pearl browser will always run in the background so when he said that i wasnt sure about the browser always running but i do know that he got his pearl little less than a year ago and is already having battery problems and i have the red curve 8330 and i can use the internet almost all day along with sending out 200+txt a day and still has about a bar and half of battery when i plug it in at midnight or so.... So can someone give me some info about battery life on the newer pearls and can u also tell me if the opera mini apps stay running or not cause he wants to trash his bb browser and only have the browser on opera mini app....please help....thanks
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    If you hit the end call button it will still run. You gotta hit menu then exit.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    I have the bb curve 8330 os 4.5. I know that the bb browser will keep running unless you close it.I can be here at this site then hit my red hang up button, and change a theme or any number things.then click my browser and I back here right where I left off.App browsers like opera mini and bolt don't allow you to do that,but they both use your bb browser to download.They also send info back to the company that made them as your informed when you sign up for their service(to improve their service an or product)they say.As far as what uses battery power up,it could be almost any app.A lot of app insist on unrestricted permissions to work and that allows it to be drawing power or not even if it's not being used at the time.There are apps that require updates such as weather or news too.I would check to see if updates are coming more often than you need and change the scheduling to suit your needs.Be sure to close the browser when not in use.If you know when exactly it started you can check the apps you installed right before to help pinpoint what's causing the drain.Anything else maybe a model pacific problem.I hope I've been of some help,and that your problem is quickly solved.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    There are a few apps that can never be shut down on almost all blackberries.

Browser
    Call Log
    Home
    BBMessenger (if loaded)
    MyFaves (if on T-Mobile with a myFaves plan)

These apps use minimal power when not active on the screen. I would have him take a look at a couple of things. First have him pull up "switch application" and see what he has actually running in the background. I would also look at possibly swapping the battery out with a new one (if available) and see if he gets the same result. There is a thread on here that has some other tricks to increasing battery life on almost any BB that he may want to go through. I know on my curve, I have about a day's worth of life and have to charge again. I know my problem is with the battery (tested with another battery) but have been too lazy to change it yet (even though I sell them lol).

Zo

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    There are a few apps that can never be shut down on almost all blackberries.

Browser
    Call Log
    Home
    BBMessenger (if loaded)
    MyFaves (if on T-Mobile with a myFaves plan)

These apps use minimal power when not active on the screen. I would have him take a look at a couple of things. First have him pull up "switch application" and see what he has actually running in the background. I would also look at possibly swapping the battery out with a new one (if available) and see if he gets the same result. There is a thread on here that has some other tricks to increasing battery life on almost any BB that he may want to go through. I know on my curve, I have about a day's worth of life and have to charge again. I know my problem is with the battery (tested with another battery) but have been too lazy to change it yet (even though I sell them lol).

Zo
    Ditto. You can always check the running programs by pressing ALT+back as well. To add to the list above, messages always runs as well, and i believe IM on most (if not all) BB's runs all the time. I do not know however if Opera would run in the background. Honestly there is an easy way to find out. Install Opera. Open Opera. Close Opera. Then check the running programs. If it's in the running programs after a proper close down or after a battery pull then it a program that requires "always on" access.