Basically all in the title, could I just save one modifed alx file for my ... General Blackberry forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Does ONE modified .alx file work for all upgrades?

Advertisement

Basically all in the title, could I just save one modifed alx file for my pearl and use it for all future upgrades? Or does every new upgrade need a new modified alx?

Thanks! Oh, and does anyone have a working alx and LBS files? I found a pair for the newest OS but they don't seem to be working.

Thanks in advance.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Does ONE modified .alx file work for all upgrades?

To answer your first question, Not Necessarily. No one can guarantee that all the COD files in a new upgrade package will have the same file names as previous packages. Normally they do, but if the change is important enough, RIM may change a file name and an app won't get loaded. You may not even notice this until something doesn't work and you end up not knowing why.

Remember, getting lazy now can really cause problems in the future.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Does ONE modified .alx file work for all upgrades?

Yes, I learned that the hard way. Well, supposedly an .alx was the most recent one for the most recent OS update, but I guess it wasn't exactly right and the upgrade didn't go through until I changed it back to the old .alx.