Have a corporate BES for Lotus notes. Also have loaded multiple external email sites to ... General Blackberry forum

Wsuycott no está en línea Stack level 1

Does BES router your BB Internet emails too?

Advertisement

Have a corporate BES for Lotus notes.
    Also have loaded multiple external email sites to my 8700 using the Blackberry Internet mail service so that I can connect to my personal email boxes.

Does anyone know whether these external emails get routed thru the BES server before coming to my handheld device? With corporate policies on content what they are I wouldn't want to risk violating company policies with my private emails coming from other accounts (like hotmail or yahoo, etc.)

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Does BES router your BB Internet emails too?

Quote Originally Posted by Wsuycott
    Have a corporate BES for Lotus notes.
    Also have loaded multiple external email sites to my 8700 using the Blackberry Internet mail service so that I can connect to my personal email boxes.

Does anyone know whether these external emails get routed thru the BES server before coming to my handheld device? With corporate policies on content what they are I wouldn't want to risk violating company policies with my private emails coming from other accounts (like hotmail or yahoo, etc.)
    As I understand it, a Cingular/AT&T BlackBerry on BES is actually running three connections.

One back to the BES server, where it gets the BES synchronization and can get out to the internet this way (BES data connection). This is typically what a company can/will monitor and store.

The second connection is through the Cingular/AT&T BIS server, which gets you the various POP and secondary email accounts you've set up (BIS data connection).

A third connection that goes through the Cingular WAP data gateway. (TCP/IP data connection). That is how you most commonly browse using the BlackBerry Browser.

That all said, I believe that BES allows the company to make a full copy of your phone's contents any time they want.

Maybe someone with more BES experience can expand/correct on my assumptions above.

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

All email from the BIS Accounts are handled exclusively on the RIM infrastructure. All corporate email is handled via the BES via the corp email server, in your case Domino. I believe that a CPNI agreement would prevent your company from having access to your BIS email without your permission, so you shouldn't be in any danger of violating any corporate policies.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Consider nothing on your company BES-connected BB to be private. PIN messages are not routed via BES/MDS and they can be logged and pulled by your BES admin, for example. If you want to play it safe then keep anything personal off their BB. That's exactly why I have two BB's.