I would really love to see RIM develop a qulity document viwer and editor. eoffice ... General Blackberry forum

ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B84624

Document Viewer

Advertisement

I would really love to see RIM develop a qulity document viwer and editor. eoffice has this as a 3rd party app, but I do not like the software. RIM is and will always be my phone of choice, the only thing PALM has that rim does not is the office tools that some Business users would like to have as myself. I need a crisp document manager!

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C
    I would 100% agree with you. PPC also comes with document editor so why shouldn't our BB? Furthermore eoffice is expensive and the UI is not user friendly

PIN/ID
    32B84624

Re: Document Viewer

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    We should really push RIM to add this to apps. This is an app that would be a Treo killer!!

PIN/ID
    2569098C
    Quote Originally Posted by ehadden
    We should really push RIM to add this to apps. This is an app that would be a Treo killer!!
    How are we gonna do that? A riot?

kiltedtech no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

The lack of document editing capabilities is what kept me out of BB's for so long. If the BB came with this ability it would DESTROY the palm and ppc market.As of now I am still editing on my ppc.

PIN/ID
    2569098C

Well then again it would push palm and ppc to come up with more interesting stuffs. That would keep the mobile world revolving rite?

Granell1979 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you can always use beamberry document viewer, its free!
    At beamberry.com

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Sounds very interesting and it might just be a amswer to most of the users for right now but what about viewing quality. Alot of users have been complaining as of late about not being able to view their files properly.

Anyone tried this software out as yet and can confirm the quality of its viewing capabilities?

PIN/ID
    32B84624

Thanks for the replies everyone. Beamberry is a good free document viewer. Great for viewing images. You can print off this service via bluetooth. The only problem with Beamberry is its lack of email attaching. For instance, you would like to email to someone an image on Beamberry, can't do it! I use repligo, it is a subscription, it does the same as Beamberry, but the image quality is better, and you can attach and send via email,as well as fax, ect. I use it for the sole purpose of faxing via e-mail. The big problem is though, no editing, This is were RIM must step up. Mobile UI is the future of Business, RIM knows it, PALM kinda does, but RIM needs to invest!

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3

I've tried beamberry and it doesn't work with my BB. Instead of me going back to 4.1 I will stick with 4.2 the sweetness of. But if anyone knows of a product that will open .doc files on my phone please help.

PIN/ID
    32B84624

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)This is the problem with RIM products, no good doc viewer. The stock attachent viwer does ok, software is old though. Other that that eoffice is the only product. I need to write some new software!

jzamoras no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E9A8B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Repligo is great, buy way too expensive.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ehadden
    I would really love to see RIM develop a qulity document viwer and editor. eoffice has this as a 3rd party app, but I do not like the software. RIM is and will always be my phone of choice, the only thing PALM has that rim does not is the office tools that some Business users would like to have as myself. I need a crisp document manager!
    This very same issue is bothering me also. I have almost considered reverting back to windows. Without the document/email attachment editor the blackberry experience is leaving me empty as of lately.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Hey guys there may be hope for us after all ! I just picked up this site off www.crackberry.com. This looks like the promise of a great document editor for blackberry. It's due for later use this year. I am a sprint user and I want a wider blackberry than my 7130e with SD card support and I don't want the 8703.....so hurry up sprint with the new blackberrys. "And I reeeeeeaaaaalllly want to stick with blackberry it has kind of "grown" on me. Anyway the official website is at

http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...go/blackberry/