i remember three years ago when i got my very first BB, it was my ... General Blackberry forum

els718 no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow Do You guys think.......

Advertisement

i remember three years ago when i got my very first BB, it was my 20th bday and all my friends were wondering what the hell possesed me to get a "blackberry". Now it seems as if all everyone has is a BB...not to be selfish but um i liked it betta when not everybody had one. Im not big on the iPhone but its the only other real competition to the berry. Do you guys think bb will continue to climb up the popularity ladder or will it slowly work its way down in time? I personally feel as if its becoming over saturated...

crtfs1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B73C2E
    I think the majority of people are realizing that playing music on your phone is not something that they end up doing that often. Real users see the bb as a tollo, not a toy. More bb popularity will only lead to more and better apps and support for the bb world.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    BB's are becoming more personal as each model is released. The primary use for the device will always be phone, email, web browsing, and chatting, but more people are using them as MP3 players, cameras (I will wait for a 6 MP BB camera to come out before I ditch my 5 MP Kodak EasyShare), and for playing movies, TV and videos.

dirk_fitch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    206AFDAB
    I'm not too up on the iPhone, but the whole apple world seems to be a closed and proprietary one. I think the availability of apps, and the simple fact that more people are using BB's will enhance their popularity. They're for connecting... to other users, email, phone, schedules, etc. The more of them that are out there in use, the more "connectable" they'll be. As for MP3 playing, I'll use my little sandisk and save my BB battery for surfing, emailing and chatting!
    PIN 206AFDAB

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Trust me they just get more popular by the minute and total technology imparred friend of mine saw mine and i used it for both business and personal use and guess what that fool got the same phone a week later he has no clue what to do with it or how to use it besides to make phone calls he doesnt even know what GPS stands for ot what it does lmao . I see lots of high schools kids with it. So to your answer no its just gona get more popular among everyday phone users

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I can attest to them getting more popular. I emailed T-Mo about the 8120. I got a reply back containing this statement: "I understand from your email that you are interested in upgrading to the wildly popular new BlackBerry 8120 and wish to gain information regarding the price to do so." That right there states that BB's are becoming more consumer friendly.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    I concur with both statements. I remember getting my first huge and clunky Nextel BB 7520 in the South Bronx (with my bleep bleep- I mean direct connect hehe) like 5 or 6 years ago... Wow... Finding 3rd party apps, accessories, and functional mobile websites was an adventure, to say the least!

I have always stood out from the crowd and my device helped with that also. These days... , I am definitely not the only one checking my email on the go, or avoiding "archaic landmark based diections" thanks to google maps, or accessing info from websites instantaneously-- it seems EVERYWHERE I turn even the unappreciative and those unaware of the power and convenience of their BB's are joining us. As with other areas of life, its not enough to have something or know something, its what you can do with it. So staying on top of BB's ever-growing capabilities including new apps or websites - thanks to heaven-sent forums like Pinstack still helps me to stand out from the crowd. It is truly priceless to enjoy the "A HAH" moment(s) of a newly converted crackberry addict, when you share a golden nugget of knowledge. I love my Video BlackBerry Pearl 8130- I love Pinstack and fellow addicts.

Its ironic how many have warned us about the increase in technology causing a decline in our face-to-face interactions and rob us of our sense of community and/or social skills- However with Pinstack around ... I'm sure many would join me in protest, and shout "I BEG TO DIFFER!"

THANX Hayden and mods, thnx fellow stackers- keep it up everyone.

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5

iphone was alot of hype.

Verizon has phones that are alot better and cost as much or less. I would never get an iphone, I like my blackberry, but I have my eye on the new treos. Tmobile doesn't have the new ones, so I am stuck with the blackberry for now.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I'd say BB's are getting more and more popular. I do frequent work in airports and I remember a few years ago many travelers carried laptops and regular cell phones. They were always swarming around outlets so they could check their mail. Now you see people just popping out BB's everywhere. For many travelers carrying the laptop around if a thing of the past for what I see the growing trend to be.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Yeah, I do notice too that the devices have become more personal rather then just bussines device. Right after the realease of the all popular pearl, I started to see peopoe have one even without data! BB is coming up the popularity scale, due to it being sleek and solid device!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    The perl is my first one, but I have used them before and loved them, I was finnally able to afford one. After my first one crapped out I switched to an old "dumb" phone and I will never go back again.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I can't imagine bb ever losing its popularity for personal or business sense. I know I will die with a bb in my hand, or at least by my side.