If you do, do me a favor. Run a bandwidth test on your device and ... General Blackberry forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Do U Use Your BB as a Wireless Modem?

Advertisement

If you do, do me a favor. Run a bandwidth test on your device and see what speeds you are getting. I am averaging about 117kb/second...how about the rest of you? I am in edge network coverage right now and my signal is at -96dBm. Please post results and your location (State/Continent/Home/At work/At a restaurant/etc) here if you use your BB as a wireless modem so that I can get some figures.

N8

By the way, I am sitting in a booth at a mexican restaurant right now, and I am in Nashville, TN.

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Do U Use Your BB as a Wireless Modem?

I have but as they say bandwidth is addictive and I feel is just to slow even on an edge device! I find if I do tether its out of desperation for a connection...

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I ran the bandwith test 10 times. Based on the cellular signal I was receiving, my speed rose and fell. I got anywhere between 44kbps-192-kbps.
    At times my upload speeds where much faster than my downloads, which I found to be preety amusing, tehehe.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by Treo700
    I have but as they say bandwidth is addictive and I feel is just to slow even on an edge device! I find if I do tether its out of desperation for a connection...
    I know...Sometimes it runs slow. I could just buck up and spend the money on wireless card, but I figure I might as well milk the unlimited package from T-Mobile as much as possible. It would prob be different if I was trying to view video/audio, but I pretty much stick to a very few amount of websites that deal with those, so its not all too bad.