Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That was an informative, well thought out reply JCG3. Only one problem - no poetry, ... General Blackberry forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Re: Do the BB's actually charge to 100%?

Advertisement

That was an informative, well thought out reply JCG3. Only one problem - no poetry, Ive got to have poetry, give me more poetry!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by JCG3 View Post
    ok from all the research i have done across the web i have concluded that it is fine to cycle the battery a few times you have 700-900 cycles to use anyway...

it is also a good idea to cycle the battery, when new, 2 or 3 times to help it recognize where its energy limits are. it is also good practice to cycle the battery once a month or so to reset the battery meter on the phone and on the chip on the battery. you dont want your phone to say that you have no power left and the battery's chip only says your down to a quarter do you?

every battery needs some type of maintenance and this is what i suggest for all Li Ion batteries of any kind.

yes all batteries will eventually fail but it is not a just cause to completely ignore them.
    What research have you seen on this that indicates lithium ion batteries need cycling the first when new. While with NiCad and Nickel Metal Hydride batteries, this was the recommendatoin, it is not the case with Li-Ion. None of the instructions I have seen for Li-ion batteries suggest cycling.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

JCG3 see my post #5 and #8 and check out http://www.batteryuniversity.com
    Not sure what research you're referring to but as Rcbjr says, there is no supporting evidence
    behind cycling lithium ion batteries and it is supported in the articles linked in my posts.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    That was an informative, well thought out reply JCG3. Only one problem - no poetry, Ive got to have poetry, give me more poetry!

NO!!!!

...because She said so

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Hey not that I'm taking either side but I've order at least 3 extended life batteries from SEDIO and I believe they run LI's and they advise at least 2 to 3 full cycles at the beginning of battery in order to get the full potential....
    Not sure if this is correct however, they DO make batteries

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have seen the same thing on all my batteries from Seidio. I have even done this with the OEM battery that came with my first Pearl and now get 2 full days from all my batteries.

thetimekeeper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205064C7

I usually did that, but after reading this, I'm not so sure anymore. I usually let it go to 25%, out of the whole cycling myth, and because I have limited power ports and am too lazy to plug the BB charger in. It runs for 2, 3 days on a full charge, and I use it for email, IM, and listening to mp3s over Stereo Bluetooth when between classes. Its amazing how fast it charges though, from the wall outlet. It can be at 25% when I sleep, and the next morning, I just plug it in when I wake up, brush teeth, get changed, etc, and it will be at 100% before I leave.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

see yall i am not to far off and that link is linked to one battery company i have read more than one website and dozens of directions for different devices leading me to my above conclusion. i am sorry if i am the out spoken one but i have brought back many a battery (LiIon) from most certain death by this practice.

trust me if you want to or dont i really dont care but i will say what i know. both from research and experience.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

So recently i learned from another stacker that Sedio no longer advises cycling the battery prior to regular usage.
    Again, I'm not inferring anything just leaving it open for thought and wanted to make sure that my information is accurate.
    :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12