Ever since I updated my DM to version 4.7, my computer locks up after I ... General Blackberry forum

CasperWhiteBoy no está en línea Stack level 1

Post DM v4.7

Advertisement

Ever since I updated my DM to version 4.7, my computer locks up after I install anything new or update any applications through DM. There is no waiting it out for the lock-up to go away either. It is bricked. I have to hold the power button until it powers off, and it irks me. I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem, and if there is a fix for it.

Thanks,
    Casper

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The fix would be go back to DM 4.6, much more stable, far fewer issues. I have had to force shut-downs a few times since getting 4.7 as well as other issues like needing to make modifications to get it to recognize new OS versions etc. 4.6 is the way to go, nothing new and imroved enough in 4.7 to make it worth the hassles IMO.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This is the first I have heard of this problem myself but there a numerous reports of DM 4.7 causing issues with PCs and devices. I would suggest doing a clean uninstall of 4.7 and reverting back to 4.5 or 4.6.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sometimes if I try to shut down/restart my PC especially after installing a new version of a BB OS, it gets stuck on "saving settings" and just sits there till I force it to shut down. Real PITA
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

CasperWhiteBoy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks. I was hoping I could fix 4.7, but going back shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I also agree with the above statements. A higher version of Desktop Manager doesn't necessarily mean better. I did also encountered a few issues when using it. For instance, when I was trying to upgrade my phone's OS from 4.2 to 4.5 it did not recognize my OS nor did it help me through the process of upgrading. I had to go back to 4.6 and haven't looked back eversince. You're better off with that downgrade. Take it from experience. Hope this helps too.