I have a Razr through Cingular. I have the MediaNet package, so I get very ... General Blackberry forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Ditch the 8700c when the Pearl comes out?

Advertisement

I have a Razr through Cingular. I have the MediaNet package, so I get very limited, stripped down internet access. Love the razr as a phone. I wanted a phone so I can access internet and email, so I got a Blackberry 8700c this past Saturday. Took a little while to get used to, but I love it!!! My only negative is the phone is a bigger than I am used to(especially when carrying it around), so hopefully I will get used to it. Can't go wrong with the full size keyboard though. I hear that Cingular is coming out with the Pearl soon. Maybe I should of waited for that I got a decent deal on my 8700c and I am not locked into a new contract. When will Cingular be releasing the Pearl?
    Last edited by walds11; 10-03-2006 at 07:49 AM.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Ditch the 8700c when the Pearl comes out?

I have heard thru the grapevine that it will be released in November sometime...... I think you should keep the 8700 just in case you need a backup BB for some reason... I keep my old 7100 for that reason.... Just in case the unexpected happens.... lolol
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Before you leap in and buy a pearlI would get hold of a 71xx device and see how you get on with suretype.Not everybody likes it.Also there has been stuff in UK press about oversensitivity issues with the trackball and it might be prudent to wait till they have been ironed out.In the meantime you might get to love the 8700 so much that you upgrade to the 3G 8707 instead.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

I went to a T-mobile store and tested the Pearl. I am not 100% sold on it. I love the compact size and I am sure I would get used to the suretype keyboard, but the screen is small. I think that screen would give me a headache after browsing webpages for a while. Other than that, I really like it.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by walds11
    When will Cingular be releasing the Pearl?
    Somewhere between 4Q 2006 and 2Q 2007 but I'd recommend waiting for the 8800 unless you can stand SureType.

garran no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by walds11
    I have a Razr through Cingular. I have the MediaNet package, so I get very limited, stripped down internet access. Love the razr as a phone. I wanted a phone so I can access internet and email, so I got a Blackberry 8700c this past Saturday. Took a little while to get used to, but I love it!!! My only negative is the phone is a bigger than I am used to(especially when carrying it around), so hopefully I will get used to it. Can't go wrong with the full size keyboard though. I hear that Cingular is coming out with the Pearl soon. Maybe I should of waited for that I got a decent deal on my 8700c and I am not locked into a new contract. When will Cingular be releasing the Pearl?
    I have the 8700c and this weekend went to play with the Pearl.

Personally, I wasn't sold on the Pearl.
    I didn't care for the "squishy" keys and the loss of a full QWERTY keyboard was a major drawback for me.
    I'm sure I could get used to the SureType but it seems like a step backwards.

The thing I did like about the Pearl was the trackball, because it allows you to navigate using either hand as opposed to the 8700.

I suggest waiting until next year when RIM is scheduled to release the 8800.