Hi, When I dismiss a reminder on my BB and I run the desktop manager ... General Blackberry forum

cranieri no está en línea Stack level 1

Dismissed reminders synching to Outlook

Advertisement

Hi,

When I dismiss a reminder on my BB and I run the desktop manager to sync with Outlook, the reminder flag gets turned off for that task in Outlook. So when I have a recurring reminder in Outlook tasks to run a report every month, if I dismiss the reminder in the BB, Outlook will also lose the reminder.

I have the conflict resolution in the desktop manager set to have Outlook always win, but that doesn't change things. Is there a way I can dismiss the reminder on the BB and not have it remove the reminder flag in Outlook?

Thanks.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Re: Dismissed reminders synching to Outlook

Cranieri
    Well the objective of the "SYNC" is to have your phone and your computer to be "SYNCED" as one. So in theory if you change one the other will change to! Right! So your option is probably to just ignore your reminder or set it so it doesnt' remind you that much!
    Sorry I cant help! Ill play around with it to see if I can find a solution

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Try changng your bb default reminder to NONE if you have it set to something else.

That may keep Outlook from getting confused.

cranieri no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the posts so far. The cases where this is posing a problem is for example if I'm traveling or out to lunch and a reminder pops up, I do want to see that. But if I close the reminder to get back to my BB inbox, I don't want all future reminders in Outlook to get switched off when I snyc it up later.

For now I've turned on the snooze function but that only allows for 30 minutes so the weekends could be a pain. Since I never create Tasks on the handheld only Outlook, should I change the configuration in the desktop manager for Tasks from Sync to Import when you click the chose button?
    Last edited by cranieri; 11-09-2007 at 10:55 AM.