Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, so this is a "Rant Post." If that's going to bother you, go away. ... General Blackberry forum

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Disgusted

Advertisement

Ok, so this is a "Rant Post." If that's going to bother you, go away.

Well, the past couple of weeks I've been having hell with my BIS email. Namely the Yahoo account I have set up with it. I did also have issues with the sprint.blackberry.net address previously as well. I've called them multiple times, and received what I felt was the big "brush off" treatment. Last week I was having delays up to around an hour. The slowly got shorter and shorter. And the past few days I've been receiving my email in under a minute of when it was sent (my expectations, though I'm used to receiving it darn near instantly.)

The past few days have been fine, but today I discovered I'm getting delays again. This time they've been about 10 minutes. So, I called the sprint BB support desk this morning. The wait time actually wasn't so bad this time. Or as bad I should say...

After talking with the guy he informs me that up to 15 minutes is NOT a delay and that the BIS only polls the mail server every 15 mnts. WHAT?!?! That is a load of BS. I have literally used my yahoo email as an instant messenger with a a friend. We've sent dozens of emails back and forth. At a rate of no less than two a minute and received them almost instantly from each other. So, how can it be the BIS ONLY POLLS every 15 minutes???? I'm confused. More than that I'm disgusted because I pay $40 a month not once, but TWICE. Yes, I have two blackberries on my plan (one for the wife.) I'm now finding it very hard to justify to myself what I'm getting out of my BB that I couldn't get out of say a Treo or something else? Yeah, I've had a Treo... I'm familiar with the resetting and freezes. But, who knows... maybe the newer ones are better than that. The point is I could pay half as much a month and get EVERYTHING I'm now getting out of my BB. Hell, I could get more... you can set the Treo up to poll every minute if you want it to. That would essentially blow the so-called BB Push Email all to hell. Oh, and I asked him for something in writing and he sent me this URL.

It seems I'm doomed. Someone explain to me what is now so great about this thing that it's worth a $40 a month premium. I feel like someone just ran over my dog.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Re: Disgusted

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well you can save $20 a month by switching to tmobile. If thatz any consilation BB data plans are $29 per month and I never had email delay probs.
    (no I don't work for tmo lol)
    Oh yeah I just saved a fortune on my car insurance by switching to Geico

Coffeebibber no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm with Yahoo/T-Mobile and I have been having delays off and on since the outage a few weeks ago. Yesterday morning and today I have been having delays up to 1/2 hour, it seems to get better during the evenings. I'm wondering if the problems are due to the new Yahoo Mail that's being rolled out in stages? I've been a BB user for only about a month and a half, but I haven't had any problems until that outage a few weeks ago. It just seems that at times the BB service doesn't poll as consistently as it used to?

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't know if anyone Is aware or remembers about 2 months ago that yahoo wentdown/crashed. And ever sense then I have had problems with delays and other little weird things.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

The delays aren't always blackberry related, sometimes they can be the mail server themselves, i.e. Yahoo, Gmail, etc.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I agree! I have sent emails from computer that has taken hours to almost a day.

Quote Originally Posted by ebanga
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well you can save $20 a month by switching to tmobile. If thatz any consilation BB data plans are $29 per month and I never had email delay probs.
    (no I don't work for tmo lol)
    Oh yeah I just saved a fortune on my car insurance by switching to Geico

I absolutely LOVE Tmobile. But, unfortunately, they are not available in my area. I had them several years ago when I lived in SLC. I would go back in a hearbeat if they were down here.

And, I guess the thing that has me the most upset is that I'm being told 15 minutes or less is not considered a delay. Boo.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

Doesn't sound like you've talked to a very knowledgeable rep. Yahoo and gmail are suppose to be instant. Has anyone been experiencing the same delays with their bb.net accounts. If not I'm going to consider switching to that and have my mail forwarded there.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I had delays of up to 2 hours starting with the outage and up to 20 minutes or so after the outage. I use my personal AOL email account and I need those emails INSTANTLY. I still wasn't getting them after the outage. I switched to my other phone (see avatar and device name in pic to left of post) and have been getting my email instantly. And yes the emails I needed were added to my BIS setup page so I should have been getting them instantly.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 09-18-2007 at 08:09 PM.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I have not experienced problems with delays. It definitely sounds like the support rep you spoke with may be a bit misinformed, that is unfortunate.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

So, I did some more reading this afternoon. And I completely forgot the mention of v2.0 BIS supporting Real Time Yahoo and Gmail accounts. So, the rep had emailed me the link to the RIM bit about 15 minute email polls. I kindly replied with the link to the Real Time Yahoo and Gmail accounts (also from the RIM site.) Hopefully I've saved someone else from his misinformation. My emails have been rolling in in Real Time the last few hours. If I have to call in again and they start with the crap about 15 minute polling I'll be prepared. "Next excuse??"

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Ugh... I was having issues with the email too. Very frustrated- I hope it stays fixed for ya

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I get my yahoo and gmail almost instantly. I understand that other pop3/imap mailbox has to be polled to my bb every 15 minutes and it does just that with my work email.

What's funny is that my work email arrives 1 to 5 minutes after it was sent. It just started doing this a couple of days ago.

RedVR6 no está en línea Stack level 2

I've been seeing these issues too with Yahoo mail. Driving me nuts.

Things seem to slow down as the day progresses though..then back to normal come evening/early morning. (As emails are starting to get more and more delayed right now) I just wonder if either RIM or Yahoo's servers are just getting pounded. Just a thought.
    Last edited by RedVR6; 09-19-2007 at 10:36 AM.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

I receive my Yahoo & Gmail within a couple seconds. My other pop accts... around 15 minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast