There's been instances occuring where I hear my texts go off, check my folder and ... General Blackberry forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Disappearing SMS

Advertisement

There's been instances occuring where I hear my texts go off, check my folder and there's nothing there. (My sms ring is different than mms and emails or anything else)

I've sent texts out and waited for a response. When calling my friends asking "why didn't you respond?" they said they did, when I double check my sms/mms folder the sent messages are gone.

I've done at bat pull, I've cleared my logs, and the very next day the problem persists.

What's the problem? Could it be my Theme. It was custom made from a friend and there's so much to the theme (which is bloody awesome!!!) I'm wondering if having this theme activated could be doing some sort of memory clashing? Or could it be another problem? I hope its another problem coz I love my Legend of Zelda theme!!!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Disappearing SMS

Here ya go Justyn: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html
    thanks to Reddog
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    n/a

I thought I posted a response but apparently I didn't. Lava, I do thank you for your information, but I read that thread a long time ago. I know how to stop disappearing SMSs, that's why this is frusterating. I close everything out, my message settings are where they should be, my thought is that I wonder if it has anything to do with my theme? What's your opinion?

I have a Today theme where instead of a normal highlighter, I have a sword. I have different Icons that come up when I receive a message. Each screen is a different backround. My menus have a picture in it. My pop up boxes even have a different picture in it. My Today home screen includes Emails, Blackberry Messenger, Media, Browser, Calender, then Apps. So instead of the standard 3 it hase all that. It's an awesome theme and I love it, but do you think that with all the bells and whistles it has that it could be taking up too much memory and that's why SMSs are dissappearing? (Oh yeah, and an update, Call Logs too!) I do get emails, so it looks like only voice is affected. Well I'm off to work.

Please, anyone? Help me out. Could there be a reason my SMS are disappearing that's not on the thread Lava gave me, or could it quite possible be theme related?

PIN/ID
    n/a

typing this just to put this thread back in sight

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5

It could be a Theme problem...wasn't there a Today theme that was causing some problems for people a while back? If you try one of the programmed themes does it do the same thing?

speters33w no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4020C83F

This may not be reloated to your specific problem, but

I have problems receiving SMS from other providers. I get the message:

***Not Retrieved Yet ***
    Estimated download size = 1K.
    Expires:
    (Date and Time)

and I never get the message.

or I get nothing at all.

Replying to these doesn't work, either.

I have found sending e-mails to a text service (starting an SMS thread the recipient can reply to) works fine.

Examples:

T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
    Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com
    Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com
    Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
    Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com

Or you can have the recipient SMS to your BB e-mail.