My log of recent calls in the "Phone" app used to go back for weeks ... General Blackberry forum

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Disappearing Call Logs!?!?

Advertisement

My log of recent calls in the "Phone" app used to go back for weeks and many, many calls. Now, all of a sudden, every few days, sometimes even everyday, I go into the Phone app and find only my last call or two listed. What happened? Where are all me call logs going? I haven't changed any settings or anything. I know this device pretty well, I've had it for a while, and before this I would have said I know it inside and out. But I cannot figure out how or why this changed and happened all of a sudden and I can't figure out how to fix it. I have been through every setting and option I can find...and nothin. I am truly stumped for the first time in a while with this thing. Any ideas??? This is driving me crazy!!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Disappearing Call Logs!?!?

This is usually due to lack of device memory. check your memory. clear your event log (alt+ lg lg)often to free up some memory.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks. I cleared the log and hopefully that solves it. I had a feeling that it was memory-related, but I thought it was odd how drastically different the amount of time the call logs were lasting previously and now. Also the fact that I didn't change any settings but something that big changed on its own freaked me out. I didn't want to screw it up even worse. I thought this thing developed a mind of its own. Thanks again.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If you're using a Pearl, search for "memory leak" in Pearl-specific forums here on Pinstack and other forum sites.

ruckert84 no está en línea Stack level 2

I had this problem happen twice.
    Make sure that you dont have a lot of useless info saved on your phone. If you have a memory card, move it to the card. Check this by;

Go to options>status: to make sure that you have free space

Free space should have a fairly large number, if your free space
    states 0

Clear your cache
    Open Browser> Options> Cache Operations> Clear Cache and History. Phone should say cleaning files etc.

Then check your status again. Hopefully the figures will change drastically.

Goodluck and I hope I've helped you a little