Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well... I am not too happy! The woman from Verizon never called me yesterday -what's ... General Blackberry forum

BBJill no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Well... I am not too happy! The woman from Verizon never called me yesterday -what's up w/ that? Whatever I did w/ the tech has changed something on my Blackberry Pearl (8130).

First off, when I originally checked the memory, I had 8,000,000+ I deleted some of my emails, cleaned up my phone log and was at 9,000,000+. When I checked at the end of yesterday, it was down to 3,000,000+ ???! Where did 5,000,000+ bytes go? Also, when I first hit a button it now takes a full second (or more) for the display to light up. Previously, the display came on immediately.

Taking the battery out and replacing is a soft something or other, right? The Verizon woman said she would do a hard something or other. I don't suppose there's anyway to get back the first person I spoke to?

<sigh>

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Taking out the battery is a soft reset. I do it every few days. There is a free program called softreset you can download over the air from geekandproud.com that will reset your BB without you having to pull the battery out each time. As for Verizon. You may have to go to the store for answers.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Taking out the battery would be a HARD reset. A soft reset is more like the ALT-SHIFT-DEL method or using an app like mentioned above.

Jill, what OS are you running on your 8130? Maybe an OS upgrade would help.....

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Sorry RoGro, my bad. I always thought a hard reset Was when you put a pin in the hole on the bottom and wiped the BB back to its original program state, since a battery pull and softreset program do the same thing and keep your 3rd party downloads.Good luck anyway Jill!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey, Lisa.....yeah I guess you could call what you describe as a hard reset as well, so no worries.

The battery pull vs. soft reset are a little different in that the battery pull seems to work a little better a reallocating memory losses during the day-to-day operation of the device. Also, seems to be lot more effective than the soft reset at fixing those little nuisances we sometimes come across.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12