When I go to Backup and Restore--Advance a lot of my Device Databases are greyed ... General Blackberry forum

millertivo no está en línea Stack level 1

Disable Wireless Synchronization on BES

Advertisement

When I go to Backup and Restore--Advance a lot of my Device Databases are greyed out, which I understand has to do with my BES policy. I know that if I want to backup and restore or sync my Address and Calendard to my personal Outlook contacts on my home computer I can disable Wireless Synchronization under the Address Book or Calendar options, do the sync, then restore Wireless Synchronization. However, I'm wondering about the effect of doing the same thing under the Enterprise Activation, Alt+CNFG menu. Can I achieve the same effect?

The reason I am asking is that I want to do this for some of my other greyed out Device Databases. For example, my Profiles database is greyed out. I would like to be able to restore them from my backup. If I turn off Wireless Synchronization from the Enterprise Activation menu will I be able to do that and, perhaps more importantly, will I be able to restore without having to reactivate Enterprise Activation or involving my IT department.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Your answer may be found Here
    Last edited by Berryadict; 01-24-2009 at 08:06 PM.

millertivo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the quick response. I actually tried this already. After I deleted the Desktop [SYNC] service book it disappeared from the list of service books, thus I was unable to select undelete. I had to get IT involved to fix it. Is the service book supposed to remain in the list of service books after you delete it?