What do you think is the best way to remove face grease from the screen? ... General Blackberry forum

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

Dirty BlackBerry

What do you think is the best way to remove face grease from the screen? I deal with mad grease in my line of work. Thanks to all.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Dirty BlackBerry

Best is an isoproyl alcohol based screen cleaning gel wiped off using a microfiber cloth. It would also be best to install a screen protector as well (for added protection). If you have any dust or debris on the screen (could act as an abrasive!), it would be best to git the screen with a blast of a compressed gas duster (found at a computer or office supply store) prior to wiping the screen.

Many people I imagine skip all of that, and just use a corner of their shirt!

I use the microfiber cloth with screen gel ..
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Throw it in a bucket of degreaser. lol
    alright alright, j/k j/k

I work in a laboratory and deal with a lot of mineral oil from time to time. When I do, I simply leave my BB out of the area. Any sort of oil/grease is NEVER good for your berry. If you're getting it on your screen, you're probably getting on/in the keys.

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3

Swing by an optical place and ask if you can buy (or have) one of their anti-reflective cleaning cloths. Their a polyester rayon thingy that works great, and when the don't seem to cleen as well you can wash them with some dawn and rinse them out really good.

~via BB (

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3

Prorock, you actually wear your BB in the kitchen? You should consider a hard case or full-coverage case, or even a BSE for it, then try to only handle it with clean, relatively grease-free hands. Any sort of screen protector will help.

As for the removal of said grease, I'd recommend a REALLY small amount of Dawn and a damp cloth, and once it's clean make sure to wipe it down thoroughly with a clean damp cloth to make sure you get all the detergent off the screen. Then slap a screen protector on it so you can just remove them as they get nastified.

Far be it from me to tell anyone to go without their BlackBerry (!), but in this environment, it might be a good idea. Alternately, you could invest in a cheap BT headset just to wear in the kitchen. Then you can leave your BB nice and safe up on a shelf or in a bag somewhere.

mavrik666 no está en línea Stack level 2

Some good advice, but once its clean I'd htake the advice about a full case or BT headset!!!