I know there are other threads like this, and I have been looking at them, ... General Blackberry forum

jfLip no está en línea Stack level 1

Dilemma - Your Input Appreciated

Advertisement

I know there are other threads like this, and I have been looking at them, but I would appreciate if you guys could help me make a decision. I've explained this on other forums, but here's some cliff notes:

- I'm with AT&T/Cingular
    - Unhappy with Samsung A707
    - Eligible for upgrade in 5 months
    - Have to pay full price if I want a new phone
    - I want a Pearl
    - I leave for school in a week (would be nice to get a new phone before school, start with something fresh like the Pearl )

Here's the options:

1. Buy a Pearl now and just get it over with; learn it before school starts
    2. Wait for the Pearl 2 (rumored October?) and buy it at retail price
    3. Wait 5 months until I'm eligible for the upgrade and just get the Pearl 2 then. But then this will already be around the time of my second semester.

It would be nice to just get a Pearl now, but I know that when the Pearl 2 comes out, I'll say to myself, "Man I should have just waited for the new Pearl." Some people have said that they see no reason to upgrade to the Pearl 2, but I'm the type of person that just likes the newest and latest thing.

If in fact the Pearl 2 does come out in October, then it's only 2-3 more months until I'm eligible for the upgrade and more importantly the cheaper price with all the rebates and stuff.

If you guys could give me your suggestions/input and/or propose new ideas, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Dilemma - Your Input Appreciated

i understand your possition. Samsung u/i is garbage IMO.

but my Mom has that a707, and i don't think it is a bad phone. if there is nothing functionaly wrong with the a707 ride it out till the Pearl2 comes out.

of course all that is based on the rumour that Wifi will be in the next 81XX. besides Wifi I am not sure what other goodies will be added.

so the short answer, wait.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

If you lived near me I would sell you my Tmobile unlocked pearl for 50.00

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Pearl 2 is coming sooner than you think

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

I would seriously wait.

Thanks for the responses. I talked to several Cingular dealers one day and one told me that they heard about the Pearl and Curve about 4 months before it actually came out and said they haven't heard anything about a Pearl 2. Hmm...

I guess if I wait for the Pearl 2, the question is... buy it when it comes out, or wait an extra 2-3 months until an eligible upgrade? I guess it just depends how much money I feel like spending...

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

I'd wait it out, or pick up a used Pearl on ebay or something for now. No point spending a bunch on a new pearl, if you have a upgrade in a few months, and the Pearl 2 in a few months.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

I'd do dtx if u really want to learn one real bad buy a used one off of ebay or even off of here. It would be much safer if you just got it off of here.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MrDavv no está en línea Stack level 2

Keep the phone you have now. Wait until the pearl2 is released. Let the initial bugs and 3rd party software get updates. I would highly recommend you wait your 5 months. When the next pearl is released, then you decide how much money more it would be to get it right then verses a couple more months with potential discounts.

Wait until the next pearl. Then decide on monetary issues to drive your purchase time. Just remember that phones lose their value fast. Keep priorities realistic: school first ; toys secondary.

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

If you can survive on what you have wait. Newer units are on their way as mentioned by others already and in the long run you will likely be happier that you waited.

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

wait for the 2. as you said, you'll regret not waiting it out. there's a post of the new features with the Pearl 2:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...new_pearl.html

WiFi, in itself (to avoid the Data charges, which to the best of my knowledge are pricy with AT&T) is well worth the wait.

let us know what you end up doing

dj flyy
    dj flyy

mrblackberry64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423A97D

Wait for the pearl 2 ull be much happier.

Thanks for all your input guys, I appreciate it. I've decided to wait until I can upgrade (5 months). The wait/anticipation should make getting my first Blackberry even sweeter. Plus, December/January should arrive a lot faster than I expect.

I'll be back when I get my Pearl 2 . Until then, I'll just be lurking around.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

^^Good choice jflip and btw Welcome to the Stacks! I think you will be happy you waited. In the meantime, you can focus on school, keep visiting the Stacks and learn all you can about the Pearl and anything else BB related and be prepared for when you do get your Pearl. You can also save up for the new Pearl as well. I know how tight a budget is when going to school.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

if you're willing to sign a 2 year agreement with a new number, wirefly gave me a pearl for FREE with a $50 dollar mail in rebate, so they gave me $50 to take the phone! letstalk has the same deal.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.