Can anyone assist me in answering the following questions? My service provider is not at ... General Blackberry forum

dborre no está en línea Stack level 1

Question different functionality problems/lacks

Advertisement

Can anyone assist me in answering the following questions? My service provider is not at all helpful, they clearly don't know and don't want to investigate.

1. I've been trying to figure out how to send business cards via sms. A simple function usually available on mobile phones, but no one has managed to do it. Can you please advise how to, and in case you do not have this simple functionality, can you please suggest that this is being added as a functionality.

I believe this can be done as an e-mail, but as you know most people do not have e-mails as a functionality on their handsets.

2. There are two messages functions, one for E-mail only and one for everything, sms, mms and e-mails. It seems very illogical to have e-mails both places, in fact it's extremely annoying, can I change the messages functions to only have sms and mms messages?

3. When on a phone call, one can access the function to switch application or go to the home screen. When choosing call log, it simply goes back to the current phone call, whereas I would like to go back to see all the recent phone calls I have made - in particular I would like to see the notes I've added to a phone call.

4. When incorrectly typing a phone number and trying to dial it, is it then possible to go back into that number and change the number slightly rather than having to enter the full phone number again?

5. bluetooth receiving and sending is extremely cumbersome on blackberry. You cannot be sent a picture without having to go into your picture's folder and prompt to receive prior to someone trying to send one to you - this can't be the case, even on the oldest and cheapest normal mobile phone it's not that difficult.

6. Birthdays, I can add them in outlook and then transfer them to the blackberry, but I can't figure out how to add them in blackberry directly.

7. sms messages, it will make a string of sms messages with the same person, i.e. list previous messages sent and received. nice, but how do you ensure that each message is highlighted, or stating that it's from the recipient or sender, as it is confusing when scrolling 20-30 messages back.

8. international phone numbers pre-fix. When in the states and receiving a call, the call will be listed as 011 44 (for the uk) and then the number and I can therefore only see the dialer's phone number and not the name, leaving me second guessing who's calling. All my numbers are programmed on the phone with a + for the pre-fix, +447974353766 for instance and this works in the entire world except in the states, how can I fix this issue?

9. how do you sort senders rather than search for names in messages.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Seperate sms function

What device and what OS version?

If its most 4.2 os, you can go into the options for your messages, general options, and seperate them.

Or you can try and unlock vendor themes to see if you can do it too, but need to know which OS you are using and what device.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: birthdays in calendar

does outlook just create an event on that date and time? I don't have outlook so I'm not familiar with how it does it - sorry.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: business cards

you won't be able to do this via SMS (at least for the moment)

as you indicated you can attached it on emails.

or you can send the vcard to your contacts on the BB Messenger.

cheers.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: different functionality problems/lacks

1. I'm not aware of any way to do this. You could create an autotext entry with that info. How do other phones do this? SMS is only text.

2. No -- all email will arrive in Messages. With certain thems and OS loads you can separate out SMS and MMS but that's it.

3. What is your question?

4. You can copy and paste from the call log but other than that there's no way to edit a number that you have already dialed. If you haven't pressed the green Send key you can, of course, edit the number.

5. That's the way it is. These features are new to the BB platform. Email bbsuggestions@rim.com if you want it changed in future releases.

Quote Originally Posted by dborre
    Can anyone assist me in answering the following questions? My service provider is not at all helpful, they clearly don't know and don't want to investigate.
    All carriers' data support groups are like this. They pretty much make sure you're provisioned, determine if you're problems are related to your device, manage BIS, and that's about it. They don't really offer much when it comes to using the device.
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-03-2007 at 01:28 PM.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: different functionality problems/lacks

Quote Originally Posted by dborre

1. I've been trying to figure out how to send business cards via sms. A simple function usually available on mobile phones, but no one has managed to do it. Can you please advise how to, and in case you do not have this simple functionality, can you please suggest that this is being added as a functionality.

I believe this can be done as an e-mail, but as you know most people do not have e-mails as a functionality on their handsets.

you can use your auto text to send bbusiness cards. go to auto text and create an entry, you can make it what you want, for me I use sig (stands for signature) ad I type in my information. I have auto text also enable for sms. so when I need to send a business card via sms, I create message type in sig then the space bar, and its all there, ready to go. Hope that helps