So I'm resigned to the fact that VZW won't get the 8800 in a timely ... General Blackberry forum

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

Differences between the 87xx and the proposed 8800?

Advertisement

So I'm resigned to the fact that VZW won't get the 8800 in a timely fashion. If I'm willing to accept the 8703 (Verizons # I think), what am I giving up versus the proposed 8800?

Should I be willing to wait 6 months to see if VZW gets the 8800 or just get the 8703 today? I know the 8800 is thin and I like that.....

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Differences between the 87xx and the proposed 8800?

well the 8800 will/may have a camera, wifi, compatible with UMTS/HSDPA video capabilities, mp3 player, there is a supposed spec sheet under the 8800 forum, but to answer your question I personally would hld off a little while longer fir the 8800. Although 87xx series are great bb's (i have the 8700g) the 8800 is going to have all the features of a bb plus its going to be loaded with extras 9the above mentioned and more)

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Agree with husnain1, if you can wait the 8800 will definitely be better. Voice dialing, trackwheel navigation, streaming audio & video to name a few perks. There is the added wrinkle of when os 4.2 will be available for the 8700 series. With the os upgrade you'll get some of the features of the 8800 but not all (won't be able to have removable memory, trackwheel navigation, etc.) Who knows when the 8700 os will be released by Verizon or any other carrier for that matter. They're going to want to sell the 8100 and 8800 without allowing other users with existing devices to benefit from options only available on the two most recent series. If you're with Verizon (as I am) I'm willing to bet your a patient person that enjoys good coverage.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm trying hard to be patient, but my contract is up in about a month and I'm frustrated by the lack of the best new technology. It bothers me to see every other carrier getting the phones / BB's that I would want.

What would be your guess as to when we might see the 8800 on VZW?

sstephanie40 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Silly question but why don't you change carrier and get the phone u want? I reckon you'll get a better tariff offer too than the one you're on. I did to get my 8700g and never was happier!

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

In the lasted consumer reports issue on Cell phones. T-mobile was with Verizon in the lead in many markets. (service) If you decide to switch services, T-mobile in my mind has the best customer service, and good service...in the Seattle Area, T-mobile is the best service to go with, with Verizon a close 2nd. Also if you have alltell, check to see if they offer that in your area. Alltell was also rated very highly...thou I am unsure what network they are on. Again, if you are looking to switch. I suggest staying away from Cingular/ and at&t. they have the worst service/ and worst customer service (in my experience). T-mobile I have been a happy customer for over 5-6 years

McQueen no está en línea Stack level 2

Verizon's 8800 is suppose to be out in April, but May is probably more likely; it will also be a CDMA/GSM device

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Definitely don't switch carriers simply for a given device. You really need to make sure that your potential new carrier has sufficient coverage in areas that you need it. Coverage varies by market and even within a given market so don't rely on someone telling you who is "best" and who isnt. You really need to make the most of the trial period with the new carrier.

Unless you're willing to wait about a year, I'd suggest getting the 8703e (though Verizon disabled the built-in GPS).

McQueen, where did you get that information?? If it's going to be April / May, I'll wait. Otherwise, I"ll get the 8703 and then give it to my wife when the 8800 comes out.

To person who asked why I dont just switch networks, I don't want to deal with bad signals, also my wifes contract is up in October and I can't lose the free in network mobile to mobile minutes. Thats a killer!

Thanks....

n.nichols no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E08383

I'm director of Business Development for a manufacturing company. In working with my Reps around the country, I call tell you different carriers are stronger in different areas. Alltell is has better coverage in Phoenix, Az. Cingular is good in Indiana. t-mo in Vegas as examples.

I read the Consumer Report review and it was, no doubt, accurate over all. But, each area can have one or two cariers that perform better.

Ask folks in business local to you. An informal poll of 6 to 8 should give you a good idea of coverage and support.

Do we have an ETA for the 8800 on Cing or TMO?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Jan 22nd-June...There is no firm date yet.