Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When I upgraded to a Curve, the sales guy immediately guided me over to the ... General Blackberry forum

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

When I upgraded to a Curve, the sales guy immediately guided me over to the silicone skins. I politely told him I wasn't interested in a skin, but I'd like to take a look at the holders with a clip!

(i accidentally hit some button and ended up sending the post - sorry)

So my question is....who thinks the skin is necessary, and will it make it difficult to take the BB out of the leather holder if the skin is on it?

I am sure it's a matter of personal taste, but I find myself wondering about this more than I should!
    Last edited by reddog187; 05-03-2009 at 06:41 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Yes, you can't have one of those rubber skins and still use the OEM holster. It will be very difficult to get in and out of the holster and possibly damage and sretch the skin. One way around this, my Bold has a seidio hard case and I can still use the oem holster for it. I do have a black skin on my Curve, but I carry it also in the Bold holster. It allows room to remove the curve easily. Another option would be to do away with the rubber skin and go with Invisable Shield or Best Skins Ever, which is a clear film that encases your device. Good luck.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    I use a skin and pocket it. It works if your pants aren't too tight lol. But I like them. I just use a screen protector.

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    By skin are u referring to the silicon style case or do you mean a cleas skin like the invisible shield or Ţhe best skin ever? If you are referring to the later, I put at least a screen skin on every Blackberry that I have owned except the 7520 and would highly recommend using them. They provide an extra layer of protection and are relatively inexpensive.

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Yes, you can't have one of those rubber skins and still use the OEM holster. It will be very difficult to get in and out of the holster and possibly damage and sretch the skin. One way around this, my Bold has a seidio hard case and I can still use the oem holster for it. I do have a black skin on my Curve, but I carry it also in the Bold holster. It allows room to remove the curve easily. Another option would be to do away with the rubber skin and go with Invisable Shield or Best Skins Ever, which is a clear film that encases your device. Good luck.
    I don't have a holster - isn't that the thing that the BB clicks into and is released by pressing the release lever at the top? I use a leather pouch that the BB slips into from the top of the pouch and is secured by a strap that comes over the top of the BB and is held closed by a magnet in the strap. There's a clip on the back of the pouch, which I used to secure the pouch to a pocket in my purse. Maybe I'll try a bigger case, as you had suggested. Thanks.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    I use a BSE and a seidio belt holster. Love it!
    ~via Lavaberry.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by karen898 View Post
    I don't have a holster - isn't that the thing that the BB clicks into and is released by pressing the release lever at the top? I use a leather pouch that the BB slips into from the top of the pouch and is secured by a strap that comes over the top of the BB and is held closed by a magnet in the strap. There's a clip on the back of the pouch, which I used to secure the pouch to a pocket in my purse. Maybe I'll try a bigger case, as you had suggested. Thanks.
    Sorry for the confusion-yes the lesther carrying case with the belt clip is a holster. Somtimes when I want to carry my curve in my pocket, I take the rubber skin off and put it in my oem leather slip pouch-very convenient also.

Cuevas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it
    I just got my two sylicon skins for my 8900, I couldn't pick a color so I bought a red and a black one. They look very nice on the handset, I tryed to use the OEM leather holster with the skin but it doesn't work well with the skin on the handset.

Another thing I read in some post is that to some people that have used the skins the chrome part of the handset is peeling off. Has any of you experienced this problem?

PIN/ID
    nada
    I think that they are referring to the hard cases like the seidio. I can't see the soft rubber skin rubbing the crhrome enough to damage it. At least I've never experienced that, and I've had a lot of silicone skins on a lot of Berries.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    I use a BSE skin and a holster when at work, but for the weekend a silicone case. Mmmmm need to get out more dont i.
    Join the Lounge and relax and have fun
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    id prefer a bse over a silicon skin...

havent used bse though, they dont have it here...
    i see RED...

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I use a full body bse (like to go naked sometimes ) and I've got a few silicon skins to dress it up. I've heard about the innocase and the oem pouch wearing down the chrome on the 8900.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by ganns1980 View Post
    I use a full body bse (like to go naked sometimes ) and I've got a few silicon skins to dress it up. I've heard about the innocase and the oem pouch wearing down the chrome on the 8900.
    True, a previous 8310 I had, I kept in a seidio innocase for some time, and it started to rub two shiny spots at the top. But idropped it a couple of times with the case on, and the device was not damaged at all-so really pick your poison-lol.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I used to have the clear case by casemate and the leather belt holster as well and they both sucked so I opted for the silicone case and haven't looked back. I still have the leather case but it makes my curve look like a 7290 or is it 7920? Lol anyway, the point is that it makes it look like a catcher's mit holding a brick

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Lol @ raton! I don't like the oem pouch for the 8900, a good portion of the phone sticks out of the top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast