This tour is my third blackberry(7100i with nextel, 8330 with sprint). With push email i ... General Blackberry forum

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck

Did RIM upgrade their servers or is it the phone?

Advertisement

This tour is my third blackberry(7100i with nextel, 8330 with sprint). With push email i always knew that it would take between 7-15 minutes for me to receive an email even if i send it to myself. Ever since i got the tour, emails come instantaneously. I thought it was an anomaly when i sent a test email to myself and 3 seconds i got a new message. But when i had subscribe to engadget to post a comment, the password email came to my phone within 5 seconds. This has been happening with all my emails. Is it the phone and how often it checks for mail or is it BB's mail service?

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I dont know for sure, but I send my self email from my work outlook account, to my personal hotmail email account, and most all the time they are almost instant, or within a minute... Very seldom does it take much longer than that. and its been this way with my bold, pearl and curve.

Yet if I send it to yahoo, there is a longer delay.. Gmail is very wide ranged. my bbmail is about the same as hotmail.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Seems to me that since i got my 8900 they have always been instant when i e-mail myself from work.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    With my Bold and now this 8900, I've sent myself emails on my device from my PC and it is almost instantaneous, like 5 seconds. Bravo BlackBerry!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Same here. With the Tour, I get them from my Yahoo account fast! If I send one to my work email, it usually takes a bit longer, but it is still quick. Does anyone else have the issue of getting the spam emails pushed to your phone before your email account (mine is yahoo) moves them to spam? I end up with quite a few spam emails on my BB that do not appear in my yahoo inbox.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The subscription "subscribe to engadget" is not really the same as the other examples given. That notice is based on the engadget web site and how they handle their service. Much in the same way when you make a purchase on line and an email gets sent out to you as a receipt or confirmation notice. It can depend on what other information their servers have to process and how fast it does that.

A simple email from Yahoo, Gmail or any other web based email will be different.
    You should see email from any of those very fast on the Blackberry but they do differ. Anything sent to your BB email address will most of the time be the fastest.

What I'm trying to say is sometimes when i get an email from a purchase or a subscription notice confirming something (engadget example) it can be hours before I get it but I still receive Blackberry email instantly as with Yahoo etc.
    So it's ok if there is a delay with Engadget type items there in nothing wrong with the Blackberry or the email system.

Hope that makes sense?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    My 8120 and 8900 both receive emails almost instantly. I've had a few exceptions with G-Mail taking 1-2 minutes, but it's rare.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    skdck
    It does make sense. I was with my wife and we sent test emails and they arrived instantly. Just last year, it always took about 10-15 minutes to receive email.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The push is much faster than it used to be. When using gmail I get for example reported post from the stacks on my berry before they ever show up here. Other emails are much faster than what they used to be on yahoo, msn...etc.

BoldOperator no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you were getting messages every 15 minutes, then your email was on a polling cycle, not on a push. The recent upgrades to BIS 2.6 and then 2.7 might have switched you over to push, or your service provider may have enable IMAP Idle. It's definately not the phone. A BlackBerry has almost nothing to do with email functionality... it's all done between the BIS server and your mail server.

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yeah, as BoldOperator stated it has more to do with the functionality of the email provider you use (gmail, yahoo, etc.)

With the recent upgrades of BIS many of the providers' IMAP functions are working. For all intents and purposes IMAP functions rather like push BES (with a few 1way vs. 2way sync issues).
    Notice how if you delete an email on your BBerry it also gets deleted on the server side. (with appropriate settings, and in my case gmail)

Now all we need is OS supported calendar and contact sync (2way of course) and all will be awesome.

Cheers,

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Yetti you said it just right. I wish those two were synced.