So i just tried downloading themes to my blackberry and now it is unresponsive and ... General Blackberry forum

FRELIU no está en línea Stack level 1

Did I Break It?

Advertisement

So i just tried downloading themes to my blackberry and now it is unresponsive and simply shows a revolving timepiece like it is processing? What did/do i do now?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Did I Break It?

try doing a battery pull and that should solve ur problem
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Try the bat pull, if that dosnt work you may have to reinstall the OS, there's a tutorial on here how to do that, if that dosnt work you may have to send it off (if you have insurance) and if not then you will probobly go crazy and end up in a room rocking back and forth, laughing and nitting a sweater that isn't there

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334
    try doing a battery pull and that should solve ur problem
    Why not just do an ALT-RightShift-DEL? It's just a good... I really doubt a battery pull does anything additional.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

ummm what does that do and where is right shift ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman
    Why not just do an ALT-RightShift-DEL? It's just a good... I really doubt a battery pull does anything additional.
    Question: If I do the alt-right shift-delete, the handheld starts up with the T-Mobile logo and takes just a few seconds to start up again, whereas if I pull the battery it starts with the hourglass and takes a couple of minutes. This has been the case on all my previous BBs, too (6230, 7230, 7100t, 8700g and my current 7290). Also, a bat pull seems to increase the amount of available memory (temporarily), similar to what PCs used to do with a reboot (releasing file handles). An example: When you open the Address book, you have the option to view the SIM phone book. It takes a couple of seconds to load the first time, then from then on it's available immediately. With a ALT-shift-DEL boot, it remains available immediately; but with a battery pull it has to reload into memory. So I think that the battery pull and the keystrokes are different, and in the situation in this thread the battery pull may be more appropriate (?) Not trying to start a fight, just a question- -

FRELIU no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks to all of you for your help...everything worked out fine. The problem simply turned out to be that I downloaded a lot of items...so it took a lot of time (like 10 minutes) to process it all. Yes i am an idiot, but an idiot new to the BB. Thanks again to all of ya.

Idiot Savant out!