While watching CNN they did a story on a man who used flickr to report ... General Blackberry forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Did CNN Do there home work?

Advertisement

While watching CNN they did a story on a man who used flickr to report on the plane crash in Denver the other day. Saying that it was the first time ever that anything like flickr or other sites like it had been used for this kind of reporting.

I beg to differ because on 9-12 of this year a member of the stacks (ice44) did just that in reporting the big train wreck of that day. I am sure most of us remember this and if you don't you can revisit it here . I am glad that people feel safe enough to know they can post looking for help in any matter and someone will jump in and do all they can. This just reminds me of how great all stackers are and how important sites like pinstack,flickr and facebook can actually be.

Randy

If the Mods feel this is posted in the wrong area please move it to its proper place. Thanks.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You're right, Randy. That bit of amatuer reporting was utterly inaccurate. In fact there's a movement afoot to organize an "emergency" Twitter band as it's been used for rescues, life saving, and reporting to such an effective degree over the past year or more

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes...truely a bad day for me and a even worst day for so many others....they are all in my thoughts and prayers each and everyday.

as for using my BB for help...as stated in the post mentioned above...Cell towers were jammed...I had no way of reaching my wife or anyone....as I sat there I noticed that I was able to to emails....so I though try to get to the internet and by default this site is my home page...

I posted up and in the matter of 2 mins I had a reply....then 2 ..then 3...so on and so....

ALL WILLING to help a stranger out....All willing to make the call to a stranger to inform her that I was OK...

they all stayed with me all night relaying information back and forth....

Not only did this site and my fellow stackers help me get information to my wife....but they helped me keep my mind off what just happened......

for days and weeks after I got the support from many of the Stackers that helped me......I am truely humbled by this event and the help I got in my time of need....

I thank you all....

and Cowboy.....thanks for bring it up again....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    I recall the stackers coming to Ice's aide, sure made me proud to be a part of this amazing group. It goes to show how the interwebs are not all bad.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    As soon as I saw the story my first thought was of you on that aweful day and felt like I would share in case anyone had any question about how helpful others can be when given the chance.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow, that was both a great moment in PinStack history as well as a harrowing event in the life of one of our own PinStack brethren.

Sends shivers down my spine thinking about it, Ice.

None of us was there, so can't even imagine what you went through and while I'm so happy that we were able to bring you and your family back together, it's bittersweet thinking about those who weren't as lucky.

Makes this holiday season all that much more special!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well said Roger. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes....i am a proud member of this site..i am on it 24/7 and the wife can't complain because you guys helped her.....SO THANK YOU STACKERS.....no more yelling from the living room....."GET OFF THAT DAM THING....UNLESS YOUR ON PINSTACK "

Sweet Lord...that is music to my ears....

The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!