Is there a way to dial a long distance "access" number from your address book ... General Blackberry forum

adukelow no está en línea Stack level 1

Question dialing long distance access number...

Advertisement

Is there a way to dial a long distance "access" number from your address book and then dial another number from your address book with out programming in the access number to every contact?

Rogers (canada) has no good long distance plans so we are looking at using something like "wintel" to avoid high long distance bills. this requires dialing an access code for each city you are in, waiting for a dial tone then dialing the actual number you want to call. I am hoping to do this without programming in a seperate number for each contact for each city we tend to be in?

thanks for any help you can provide.....

adukelow no está en línea Stack level 1

is anybody able to help us out?

no responses yet - wondering if anybody can help with this question.....

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am not sure of a solution for this but I have an access number and did just what you suggested added the access # and then a series of pauses And then the number of the party I wish to connect to. I am going to keep my eye on this post to see if there is a better solution too. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    I programmed a Western Union Card Access # along with 1 particular contact. Then when the times come and I want to make a long distance call to a different contact, I call the Access #, then press "SKIP" as the option when it comes to dialing the contact # - that way I can manually dial any #. Hope this helps.