Hello all, I have an Enterprise BES server with about 50 clients. My company recently ... General Blackberry forum

ogvada no está en línea Stack level 1

Device Manager Installer pop-up after Active Directory Migration

Advertisement

Hello all,

I have an Enterprise BES server with about 50 clients. My company recently upgraded our Windows clients to Active Directory and now some clients are experiencing problems with the Berry software when the login.

The symptom is that some clients are reporting that the blackberry installer comes up as they are logging in asking them to locate blackberry .msi. Since we don't have an MSI file to give it, we try to cancel out of the installer. This eventually succeds after cancling about 30-50 times. But any activation of the desktop software brings the installer dialog back.

Some clients migrated fine with no issues, others have the installer problem. Installing over the top of the old client software (desktop & device manager) does not fix the problem.

Does anyone have an ideas for how to solve this problem? I really don't want to have to manually migrate all of the profiles since some of them will be nearly impossible to get everything dupliated.

Here is some additional info that might be helpful:

-Migrated from NT4 PDC to AD 2003 using ADMT 2.0
    -Clients affected are all Windows XP SP2
    -BBerry client sw are versions 4.0 and 4.1
    -about 1/3rd of the clients failed (2/3rd worked fine)
    -Various bberry device models, mostly 7xxx
    -Cingular & Nextel cariers
    -Cursing at the computer appears to have no effect

Thanks,
    Og Vada

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Device Manager Installer pop-up after Active Directory Migration

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hopefully Hayden will pop in here. Hold tight, we'll help!

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Haven't had the experience but a couple of thoughts -
    Are these the same model Berrys? I'm thinking perhaps it isn't the DM installer but the handheld software? Possible you had installed from a network location (where blackberry.msi resided) that is no longer accessible following the AD migration?
    PIN: 303150C7

ogvada no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for your reply

This is affecting multiple models and different driver versions. We also are installing from a common location that consists of the single downloaded exe installer. When the installer prompt comes up, it references a local path, which appears to be a local temp folder. I've done searches on several of the clients for the MSI (or anything simlar) but no such luck.

Thanks again,
    Og

rdwarrior no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am wondering if you ever resolved this problem? My troubles did not start like yours, but I have the identical result with the error box coming up asking for the .msi file. I think my .msi file was lost or corrupted during a disk cleanup. Help! Thanks in advance.BH