Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, I'm on T-Mobile, and my contract isn't up until next February. Is it possible ... General Blackberry forum

lukifer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Bye BB

Desperate for a new Javelin..

Advertisement

Hi, I'm on T-Mobile, and my contract isn't up until next February. Is it possible for me to add a new line to get a Javelin 8900 for cheaper then cancel my existing contract and not pay since I am still staying with them, just under a new contract? I'm assuming this isn't possible, but I am covering all my angles since like I said I'm desperate for an 8900.
    Luke

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well, that idea isn't covered... But here's another idea...

Get someone you know to sign up for a tmo line if they don't have one, or someone to upgrade if they have the option n they're willing, then u can buy the device off them for the discounted price they paid... And then you can repay them when your upgrade comes around... (Favor for a favor)... My buddies n I used to do that...

I think its worth a shot right?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Bye BB
    What about signing up for a second line? Would that get me the discount? And would it be worth it?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You can sign up for the second line but if you try to cancel the original line without a very good excuse they will charge you an ETF. Which in my view should be outlawed.

Maybe if you get it and call crying that your girlfriend left and took your dog but left you with the BB you have no use for they would let you out of it.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post

maybe if you get it and call crying that your girlfriend left and took your dog but left you with the bb you have no use for they would let you out of it.
    lmao!!!!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You just need to call and ask for an upgrade for the new customer price. If you get the right rep, they'll do it for you. They want the new 2yr contract from you. They have let me upgrade early at least 5 times now at the new customer price. Ask for the Loyalty dept if the c/s rep can't get it done. Be very nice..

PIN/ID
    ask me
    i think if you talk to the right person it can make a world of difference... just like pdxmatts said, it can be done as long as its the right people on the other end...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    Bye BB
    I had another idea.. I have a right to cancel my contract without ETF if TMobile changes it. Has Tmobile made any changes to my contract since February 2008?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You and they would be the only ones to know that, lukifer.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Ya seriously.... Wouldn't u be the one to know?

And btw, most likely not... They always grandfather an existing plan when they introduce a new one... For that exact reason so that they cannot be sued for changing their contract... Therefore that's most likely a NO...

How long till your contract is over? Maybe wait for the next gen bb?

Don't be afraid to call them up and ask them for an early upgrade. I'm sure you can work it out without having to open a new line or cancel your etf.. They really do want to work with you..

PIN/ID
    Bye BB
    well, so far theyve said no.. ive called 5 times..
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Don't be afraid to call them up and ask them for an early upgrade. I'm sure you can work it out without having to open a new line or cancel your etf.. They really do want to work with you..

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't know. When the 8320 came out I called T-Mobile to get it before my contract was up for renewal. The most they would do was give me $50 off retail price. I went so far as to tell them that I was going to cancel and they proceeded to do so. Ridiculous when you figure the money they save by having you renew with them rather then with an independent.

PIN/ID
    Bye BB
    yea Jeff, that sounds like the run around Im getting. Ah well, when my contract is up, Ill likely bail for AT@T or Verizon. Tmobile is starting to frustrate me.

How long have you been with TMO?.. It might have helped that I had been a customer since 2002. I really never had a problem upgrading early.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast