Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

WOW im so lost and confused idk know where to start... ive downloaded the desktop ... General Blackberry forum

Jerchrome no está en línea Stack level 2

desperate and neeing help! ;(

Advertisement

WOW im so lost and confused idk know where to start... ive downloaded the desktop manager to my computer and thats how far ive gotten.. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, maybe its because im illiterate or just programing-challenged, i guess thats the reason why im staying away from computer sciences as my CAREER! LOL anyways...

so when i connect my stupid BB Pearl 8100 to my computer a window pops up in my BB Pearl saying something is insuccient connectivity and yada yada my ubs is stupid ladida stuff like that. and then its making me frusterated! HELP PLEASE IDK why its not connect to my computer, AND my sisters BB Pearl connects! I DONT GET IT please answer my desperate plea! K THANKS

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I'm sorry, but without a clearer understanding of what is happening we won't be able to help you. Please provide the exact error message that is given when you attempt to connect your BB to your PC

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605
    Sounds like you need a newer version of Desktop Manager...the older versions could not handle the power requirements of the newer blackberrys.

Try and find Desktop Manager version 4.3.

okay i managed to have time to connect my blackberry to my computer ubs input again. and it states:

UBS charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered UBS charging source and that the proper UBS driver is installed.

if my UBS driver was not working properly, tell me why is my mouse functioning properly when i connect it to my computer? why does my ipod respond when i connect to the ubs cord. i dont get it?

Please help, Thank YOU!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    As mentioned above, try DM 4.3 and see if it will recognize your BB:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=51412

Also could you please fill in your profile details for us so we can better assist you in any future posts? thanks
    Welcome to the Stacks!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerchrome View Post
    okay i managed to have time to connect my blackberry to my computer ubs input again. and it states:

UBS charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered UBS charging source and that the proper UBS driver is installed.

if my UBS driver was not working properly, tell me why is my mouse functioning properly when i connect it to my computer? why does my ipod respond when i connect to the ubs cord. i dont get it?

Please help, Thank YOU!
    That means that your USB port doesn't provide adequate current to charge the BB device. Make sure that that USB Port isn't being controlled by your Power Saving settings, or that you are not using an unpowered USB hub. YOu might want to try another USB connection, on the back of the PC. Is this a laptop or a Desktop PC?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

My sister's blackberry was recognized by my computer when she connected her phone to my computer and both are exactly the same make and version, we bought the phone on the same day. The only difference is that her color was red and mines was black. And i went to options/about and it says that my version of blackberry is v4.2.1.109

okay so im going to download the v4.3 desktop manager

its a desktop computer and i will try the back

thank you for the welcoming :P

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Let us know how it goes.

what is suppose to happen when i plug my blackberry to my computer?

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    If you installed DM 4.3 it should recognize. You may need a reboot of PC also.
    Try Options>Connection settings in DM and then click Detect and see if that gets it to recognize.

If this doesn't work after a PC reboot, try as Rcbjr suggested above, switching USB ports on PC for your connection.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Well, Unless you have Mass storage mode automatically turned on when connected, nothing except it should start charging. (Battery Meter now has the charging symbol until the Battery if fully charged). If you open Desktop Manager with it connected, this should, after a minute or so, show connected and allow you use the features of the Manager.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

what is mass storage mode? would i set that on my phone? how do i unset it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    If you installed DM 4.3 it should recognize. You may need a reboot of PC also.
    Try Options>Connection settings in DM and then click Detect and see if that gets it to recognize.

If this doesn't work after a PC reboot, try as Rcbjr suggested above, switching USB ports on PC for your connection.
    is this procedure for my computer or my bb? im confused lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast