I've done some research on my problem around the internet and have tried a few ... General Blackberry forum

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3

Desktop Software 5.0.1 Error 2738

Advertisement

I've done some research on my problem around the internet and have tried a few things prior to posting this. One suggestion required finding the file vbscript.dll and opening a command prompt as an administrator. I did what was suggested, got the expected outcome and still have the same issue.

I am trying to uninstall Desktop Software 5.0.1, it seems to be having a few problems and thought a fresh install would do some good. After connecting my BB to my computer, the title bar area of DM will say "disconnected...working...connected". However in the lower left portion of the screen I have not been seeing "Connected:" with my PIN. This is why I thought I would try an uninstall. Now, I cannot even uninstall.

If it helps....I run Vista x64.

Thanks for any suggestions.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Check into the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. This might enable you to get rid of the crap left behind from prior attempts.

There's also a thread in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature with information on how to do a clean uninstall of Desktop Manager that might also give you some clues.

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks Roger,

The Windows Installer Cleanup Utility did the trick. Of course, I had to jump through some hoops to get Desktop Manager reinstalled...I kept getting Error 1402, and I realized I had to reset my PC's security settings.

In the end, it worked.

Much appreciated.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Glad you got it working.