I work for a company that puts out roughly 10-15 Blackberries a month. We have ... General Blackberry forum

gunjack no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager shutting down...

Advertisement

I work for a company that puts out roughly 10-15 Blackberries a month. We have about 150 total in service. My problem is that on very few (2-5), the desktop manager will shut down in the middle of syncing the calendar.

THe error will say abnormal function. It is a C++ runtime error. When I open the sync log after restarting the manager, the last entry will be a calendar entry.

The only way around this that we have found is to set up the calendar to sync wirelessly.

Has anyone run into this? We deploy 7290, 7520, and 8700. However the only one we have had this problem with is the 7290.

We are running desktop manager 4.0.1. I have no authority to upgrade the software. I have the ability but not the permission. We have to continue running 4.0.1 until the company finishes testing the 4.2 version.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Desktop Manager shutting down...

4.0.1 isn't adequate. ESP if any of the devices are running 4.2 OS. For those you need 4.2 desktop also and the minimun you should use id 4.1 Desktop manager.

good luck!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: Desktop Manager shutting down...

You need to just sych everything wireslessly, it's so much nicer