I'm stumped. Have a Bold and Pearl, both have been working fine with DM on ... General Blackberry forum

Flyby1023 no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager ... one phone works, one doesn't

Advertisement

I'm stumped.

Have a Bold and Pearl, both have been working fine with DM on a Mac under Fusion. Had a Windows meltdown and had to reinstall everything, XP SP2, and updated Fusion. When I got back, the Pearl picked up right where it left off but the Bold and DM parted ways.

The Bold is recognized in Fusion as a "RIM Blackberry" while the Pearl is a "Composite" device. Again Pearl/DM is fine, Bold/DM isn't.

All software seems to be current (downloaded everything). BB Device Manager sees the Pearl, not the Bold.

Everything worked pre-meltdown so it seems to be a problem outside the phone and would seem to be with either Fusion/Bold or DM/Windows.

I've tried a bunch of the usual stuff, but so far, no good.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    What version of DM are you running? Try downgrading a version or upgrading a version if you aren't using the latest DM and see if that solves your issue.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

DM is 4.7. Thing is that it was also 4.7 when it was working a few days ago.

Since my first post, I put 4.7 on a Windows-only PC and both the Pearl and Bold hooked up fine. So it appears that DM will not recognize the device (anymore) when it connects through Fusion, although Fusion does recognize it.

It may have to do with the type of device Fusion thinks it is. The Pearl shows up as a "composite device" and connects fine. I don't remember what Fusion said the Bold was during the time it was working.

Problem solved. . . I think.

The Bold/DM link is back but I don't have a real good answer how it happened. I thought I would pass along what I did in case anyone following this thread has similar issues.

After the previous post about the laptop I went back to the Mac and tried to link to PocketMac, which was already installed. Neither of the phones would connect. Both phones were disconnected from Fusion/Windows and Fusion was not running.

I reinstalled PocketMac, updating drivers. This got the phone connections back, both of them. I went back to DM and both phones now connected OK.

I don't have a real good reason for this. The only thing I can think of is, once PocketMac got ahold of the Bold it did some updates, even though it had been ultra-updated with everything BB/ATT had to offer. Fusion didn't change it's opinion of the Bold, it made the same connection as it had before Only this time BB Device Manager and Desktop Manager came along.

This has to be a reasonably obscure problem, was for me anyway. I thought I would pass this along in case anyone else might be ready to slingshot their phone into the next zipcode for the same reason. Hope it can help someone else.