Results 1 to 15 of 15

I few question as I am trying to free up space on my device. 1. ... General Blackberry forum

  1. #1
    josephcaraccio's Avatar
    josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Posts
    180

    Deleting unused

    Advertisement



    I few question as I am trying to free up space on my device.

    1. Can I delete e-mail setup? Will that mess up any of my e-mail settings?

    2. How do you delete voice dailing from an 8330?

    3. Can you set msgs to save to the media card?
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

    PIN: 31a987a7

  2. #2
    lucky13mt's Avatar
    lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Posts
    2,818

  3. #3
    josephcaraccio's Avatar
    josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Posts
    180
    Thank you luck you are always the first to reply to my questions lol
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

    PIN: 31a987a7

  4. #4
    lucky13mt's Avatar
    lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by josephcaraccio View Post
    Thank you luck you are always the first to reply to my questions lol
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

  5. #5
    josephcaraccio's Avatar
    josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Posts
    180
    I don't trust maxmem though I like to cotroll what is deleted. It makes me feel important or something I think.
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

    PIN: 31a987a7

  6. #6
    lucky13mt's Avatar
    lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by josephcaraccio View Post
    I don't trust maxmem though I like to cotroll what is deleted. It makes me feel important or something I think.
    The 3rd link I posted is a walkthrough of how to do what MaxMem does on your own.

    And the good thing about the 3rd link is, you only have to do it once.

    I think with MaxMem it reinstalls everything if you run application loader.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

  7. #7
    MeatLoafT's Avatar
    MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    246
    1. If you delete email setup, you won't be able to send service books from the device or add/delete/modify email accounts. You'll have to do it from a computer.
    2. Not sure how to do that. I personally use voice dialing, I'm guessing you'll have to list the modules and find it there.
    3. As far as I know there is no way to do this, but I wish there was. I could do it on my Nokia. I think it should be an option anyway. I guess RIM thinks it's a security issue? Leave your phone on the desk and someone slides your mem card out? I don't know...

  8. #8
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    I believe by going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>BB Menu>Register Now, that will also resend service books.

  9. #9
    magellan0547's Avatar
    magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    Posts
    770
    you believe correctly RoGro...once again on the ball and helpful

  10. #10
    MeatLoafT's Avatar
    MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I believe by going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>BB Menu>Register Now, that will also resend service books.
    Ahh... I didn't realize that. I have done that and I only get one email saying my handheld has been registered on the Verizon network. If I resend service books from the email setup page, I get an email to each inbox saying I should start receiving email in approximately 20 minutes.

  11. #11
    kieranwest's Avatar
    kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatLoafT View Post
    Ahh... I didn't realize that. I have done that and I only get one email saying my handheld has been registered on the Verizon network. If I resend service books from the email setup page, I get an email to each inbox saying I should start receiving email in approximately 20 minutes.
    MeatLoafT you are correct, registering HRT does not force the resending of service books. The only way to resend service books is from BES or BIS.

    To confirm this you could go into Options>Advanced>Service Books and delete a CMIME from your BIS account and re-register HRT and go back into Service Books even 30 minutes later and see if the BIS CMIME account has been re-added....and it won't be

  12. #12
    MeatLoafT's Avatar
    MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    246
    Thanks Kieranwest for clearing that up. I wasn't sure if I was correct or not. My rules is never tell someone they're wrong if you're not sure you're right... LOL

  13. #13
    ganns1980's Avatar
    ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    853
    OK, so one of the pre-loaded bookmarks is T-Mobile's internet email setup site. If I delete email setup will I still be able to send service books and such through there?

  14. #14
    kieranwest's Avatar
    kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Posts
    1,208
    Yes if you will have to access it via the website itself though, the email setup is only a shortcut

  15. #15
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    MeatLoafT you are correct, registering HRT does not force the resending of service books. The only way to resend service books is from BES or BIS.

    To confirm this you could go into Options>Advanced>Service Books and delete a CMIME from your BIS account and re-register HRT and go back into Service Books even 30 minutes later and see if the BIS CMIME account has been re-added....and it won't be
    Glad I checked back in this thread. I was obviously giving people incorrect information. Thanks, Kieran!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •