I have in my MS Outlook, events that occur every year and have been set ... General Blackberry forum

GiorgosH no está en línea Stack level 2

Deleting several repeats of calendar..

Advertisement

I have in my MS Outlook, events that occur every year and have been set to occur until 2050. This created 1 event in my MS Outlook, however when I synced it with my BB, it created one instance for every time that it occurs.

You'd say that this is normal, however by creating several several records (instances) in BB, it increased my Calendar's database size (I think it reach 3mb).

Is there a way to delete that database totally and recreate a new one?

coca_74 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I actually just had that problem, and I backed up my phone then did a wipe handheld, and then instead of restoring the whole back up I restored one by one everything BUT the calendar....I know it's a pain to do, but I really did not know how to delete only the data on the calendar...........so it worked, now my calendar is brand new.......
    Maria

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Another way you can try... if you're using Outlook, delete all repetitive appointments in Outlook calendar.
    Then, befor sync with desktop, go to advanced options and chose to have the Outlook calendar replace the items on your BB calendar. Sync that way.
    That's it...
    Don´t forget to go back to advanced options and select the option to sync "both ways".
    If you want to register the recurring apps again, do it on your BB. Your Outlook will follow the lead.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by Delfim; 05-20-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Corrections

coca_74 no está en línea Stack level 2
    that seems easier :-)
    Maria

Yes that sounds a more convenent solution.. That will gain database size, right?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well, less repeats = less db... I had the problem as well with lot's of recurring appointments, anniversaries and what not.. What I did was limit the period of time (max. two years) since we generally don't carry the same cell phone for any longer period, and some of the more pertinent recurrences I transferred to the Task lists with annual due date. Try it...

Well they are too many to edit one by one

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    That IS a problem... but it's easier to delete or change the entry in MS Outlook, and then sync the batch ie: Outlook data replaces BB data...