I had to get my 8330 curve replaced and now when I delete an email ... General Blackberry forum

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

Deleting email options?

Advertisement

I had to get my 8330 curve replaced and now when I delete an email on my bb
    I only get the option of "delete or cancel" I used to have the different options of
    Delete message "On Mailbox & Handheld" or "On Handheld" or "Cancel"....
    This happens on all of my email accounts. Is there something I need to change
    to get the Delete message "On Mailbox & Handheld" or "On Handheld" or "Cancel" options back? I looked but can't seem to find how to get it back.
    Thanks
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Hey Eddie, check with your provider and make sure they've got you provisioned correctly. The Berry can only use the features enabled in BES/BIS.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    It depends on your email account. If you pull email from an account it will give you the option to delete from Mailbox and Handheld.

Go to email Setup and login, if you only have a carrier.blackberry.net email account, this option is not available.

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    Hey Eddie, check with your provider and make sure they've got you provisioned correctly. The Berry can only use the features enabled in BES/BIS.
    Thanks Mark, I have a feeling they screwed something up on me
    when they did the replacement. I was on the phone with them,
    for almost an hour, trying to get the service books sent to the
    replacedment bb.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me
    Not sure if this will help......go into your email icon, menu, options, email reconciliation, and check your delete on options....I changed mine there.

hope that helps

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    It depends on your email account. If you pull email from an account it will give you the option to delete from Mailbox and Handheld.

Go to email Setup and login, if you only have a carrier.blackberry.net email account, this option is not available.
    Thanks Ge, I went though the settings (options>email reconciliation) and have the "Delete On" set to Mailbox & Handheld" with "Wireless Reconcile:" On
    and the "On Conflicts:" Handheld Wins"
    But still only get the "Delete" option.
    And it happens on all my emails (Yahoo,Aol,Gmail)
    I know on the carrier.blackberry.net email works this way.
    And top it off when I delete it from my bb it gets deleted
    from my email account also.

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Quote Originally Posted by barbuser View Post
    Not sure if this will help......go into your email icon, menu, options, email reconciliation, and check your delete on options....I changed mine there.

hope that helps
    Thanks I did change it there, (see above post) but still
    don't get the different delete options.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynEddie View Post
    I had to get my 8330 curve replaced and now when I delete an email on my bb
    I only get the option of "delete or cancel" I used to have the different options of
    Delete message "On Mailbox & Handheld" or "On Handheld" or "Cancel"....
    This happens on all of my email accounts. Is there something I need to change
    to get the Delete message "On Mailbox & Handheld" or "On Handheld" or "Cancel" options back? I looked but can't seem to find how to get it back.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynEddie View Post
    Thanks Ge, I went though the settings (options>email reconciliation) and have the "Delete On" set to Mailbox & Handheld"
    But still only get the "Delete" option.
    And it happens on all my emails (Yahoo,Aol,Gmail)
    I know on the carrier.blackberry.net email works this way.
    And top it off when I delete it from my bb it gets deleted
    from my email account also.
    If you want options to pop up on your BB at the time you delete then you have to change the "Delete On" option. Right now you have it set to mailbox and handheld so it won't ask, it will delete on both just like you told it to. Change that option to "Prompt" and then it will give you the choice
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    If you want options to pop up on your BB at the time you delete then you have to change the "Delete On" option. Right now you have it set to mailbox and handheld so it won't ask, it will delete on both just like you told it to. Change that option to "Prompt" and then it will give you the choice
    THANK YOU azstar..... I changed it to "Prompt" and now I get the choices...
    Thanks again everyone for your help.....

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm on BIS and Just upgraded from an 81xx to Bold this week. Still going through the setup etc. I know that on my 81xx I had it set to just delete on the handheld and it would even prompt me whether I wanted to delete on server. Now it does prompt, but can't seem to find where to turn it off. If I go to BIS setup on web, it says that wireless reconciliation is turned off on the device??? Yet I go into the phones options and there is no option to make a change
    Any ideas???
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    On your BB go to Messages/Menu/Options/Email Reconciliation then change the "Delete On" option for each email address to Handheld or Handheld and Mailbox and that should stop the prompt.

That's the way for my pearl and curve. I don't have a Bold so if your menu options for this are different I don't know how to help. If this doesn't work for you try the 9000 forum and if you don't see anything there that helps then ask there and you should get a better answer.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~