i was recently given an old blackberry. i would like to delete the previous owners ... General Blackberry forum

lancet78 no está en línea Stack level 1

deleting calender

Advertisement

i was recently given an old blackberry. i would like to delete the previous owners calender entirely. how do i do this? thanks

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Clear the calendar database via the Blackberry Desktop Manager or security wipe the device (this will wipe out all data)

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    If it were me and it came from someone else, I'd definitely do a security wipe on it to make sure that none of there information at all is in there.

Go to Options > Security Options > General Settings, then click, and choose "Wipe Handheld."

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    you should enable content protection first before doing the wipe, so that it will scrub all the data once its wiped, so that no "residual" data remains on the flash memory

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    If it were me and it came from someone else, I'd definitely do a security wipe on it to make sure that none of there information at all is in there.

Go to Options > Security Options > General Settings, then click, and choose "Wipe Handheld."

I agree with the wiping of your handheld. Usually, it will double check and make sure you want to wipe it completely. If I recall, it will either ask you to verify it again or make you type in the word "blackberry". After you have done that, it will restore your bb to how it was upon purchasing of same. (Basically, it'll be like new.)

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    you should enable content protection first before doing the wipe, so that it will scrub all the data once its wiped, so that no "residual" data remains on the flash memory
    Keep in mind the scrub can take HOURS, vs the "regular" wipe taking 2-3 minutes.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    ok well there is a reason why a "scrub" can take that long. its ensuring all the data in code terms has zero's written to them and then re-writen over again so that the data can not be recovered.