Is there a way to restore deleted contacts and phone numbers after a sync? I ... General Blackberry forum

rollyhoyt no está en línea Stack level 1

Deleted contacts

Advertisement

Is there a way to restore deleted contacts and phone numbers after a sync? I had the conflict settings wrong and now I've lost a ton of phone numbers. Does the BB or Desktop Manager keep old or archive files someplace?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Deleted contacts

not that I know of. Did you backup your BB lately?

rollyhoyt no está en línea Stack level 1

Nope...only had the thing three weeks and was trying to import from Thunderbird to BB via Outlook Express. This was just the second time moving stuff through OEx which I never use. Like I said, I had the conflict thing set for the computer to win instead of the phone. Didn't notice until after.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Outlook Express, while it does sync with the BB, doesn't sync all contact information over. As you've discovered, only one phone number comes over, you lose home addresses, and miscellaneous other data.

When I switched phones to a Blackberry, I exported to a .csv, imported those into Outlook Express, and sync'd with my BB. I lost phone numbers, addresses, etc.

Now I used Outlook 2003 and have no issues of any kind. I just did not know that Outlook and Outlook Express would make a difference for contact information when syncing with a BB. Yes, you can map fields to get by, but that can cause surprises on it's own.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.