So, from a little mishap the other day I had to get a new phone. ... General Blackberry forum

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

Question "Delete Message? On Mailbox/Handheld? Handheld? Cancel?

Advertisement

So, from a little mishap the other day I had to get a new phone. I really am not loving the prompt to ask me where I want messages to delete from after I already told it where. Also, I want my "Messages" folder to only contain my email messages. How can I remove my phone calls from there and how can I have a separate folder for my text messages?

For the deletion confirmation, here are my settings...so tell me what's wrong.
    Messages>Options>General Options>Confirm Delete>No (Then I go back)
    Messages>Options>Email Reconciliation>Delete On: Handheld, Wireless Reconcile: On.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: "Delete Message? On Mailbox/Handheld? Handheld? Cancel?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~To get your calls to stop showing up in your Message List go to "Phone", click your trackwheel/ball, scroll down to "Options", go to "Call Logging" and select "None". This should eliminate your calls from showing up in the Message list. As far as the Message Delete prompt, from how you said you have your settings, it whould not being showing prompting you as you are saying, so I don't really have any other solution for you. The only other thing to try would be to reboot your device. Sometimes you need to do that to have new settings take effect. Good luck. Hope this helps.

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

As far as i know u can NOT have a seperate folder for your sms messages! If u want for ur emails u should have a folder for each email add on ur bb! As for everything else jlesh pretty much painted the picture!

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

how many email accounts do you have set up on the device, maybe it is showing up for one that you did not change the option for yet
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Thank You for the call log advice. It worked.

1. I have 4 accounts
    2. All accounts are set up the same and all are prompting me for the delete.

Side note: when I select my @nextel.blackberry.net account, and go to message option general, there is only a spot for confirm delete. I have it checked no, and I'm still getting the prompt on this account as well as the rest.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for the help!

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

that is weird cuz i have it set up just like you and i don't get the prompt, maybe you could try a battery pull and see if that will help the situation
    Felipe Diaz

BB Bold 9700 (AT&T)

L2theC no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    To change your delete options, go to your
    messages, then go to Options>email reconciliation. Under Message services, change delete on from Prompt, to what ever you want.

PIN/ID
    3180B706

I'm about to do a battery pull to see what happens. So far, only one account has been fixed. Here's the run down and I'll tell you what happens when my phone restarts.

Gmail Account 1: Still Prompting for Delete verification.
    Gmail Account 2: Not prompting
    AOL account: Still Prompting for Deletion verification.
    @nextel.blackberry.net: Still Prompting for deletion verification.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by frkhuda
    As far as i know u can NOT have a seperate folder for your sms messages! If u want for ur emails u should have a folder for each email add on ur bb! As for everything else jlesh pretty much painted the picture!
    Use the Zen theme as it separates your SMS from email.

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Ah, great tip on the Zen theme.

As for the email issue. The battery pull didn't work. So, here is my entire settings listed for you to take a look at and decipher what might be wrong.

Messages>Options>General Options>Confirm Delete>No
    Messages>Options>Email Reconciliation>Message Services>_____@gmail.com
    Delete on>Handheld
    Wireless Reconcile>Off
    On Conflicts>Mailbox Wins

Should I change my "Message Services" options to a different email address? Will that make a difference? It's got to be one of the more annoying things to have to select "Delete" and then confirm it, and then confirm where I want to delete from.

I really appreciate the help. Off to download Zen.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

So you've set the delete confirmation and delete on options for each email account under Message->Options? It sounds like you only set it for one account. You need to pick the account, set the options, save, then pick the next account, etc.

Message services will set your default email account but be aware that the BB will also automatically select the account for the recipient based on the account you last used to email the recipient.

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Well, I only picked one account to show you...but, yes, I have selected every individual account and made sure they all say to not prompt me for deletion.

I have the 7100i. Is there any way that there is something different on the 7100i that I might be missing? I know I might sound fickle, but it's to the point that when I see an email I don't need, I don't read it or anything...I just leave it there because it's less annoying than clicking numerous times to delete it.