I don't know about everyone else on pinstack but I've read up on the upcomming ... General Blackberry forum

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Daylight Savings Time

Advertisement

I don't know about everyone else on pinstack but I've read up on the upcomming daylight savings time issue and I'm still confused. I thought I'd start this thread and maybe people having the same problem as me can post their questions here. All right here's mine. I use bis, running os 4.1.0.359. I rely pretty heavily on my calender and sync my device with my pc at home. 1. How do I make sure my device switches over on the earlier date next month? I've read you can do it yourself, is there an easier option than this?2. How do I make sure my Outlook on my pc doesn't conflict with my phone? Is Microsoft going to put some type of patch or update?
    PIN - 24053627

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Lightbulb Re: Daylight Savings Time

quotberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Daylight Savings Time

I have spent all day trying to read the threads and information and I am troubled by the fact that the patch seems to work with blackberry software but I am a mac user and don't have an uploader... can someone please explain how the patch process wokes for a mac user?

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

All I did was download the device patch so my bb is going to be correct with the new daylight savings time. I will try to find the link to do this from your bb so if you want it then tell me. I'm not sure if the links previously posted have this patch download but I can get it to anyone who needs it.

COJO 24

CoreyS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A25005

I installed the patch from http://www.blackberry.com/DST2007/patch/index2.shtml this morning. It all went fine. Then, this evening, I installed a program via DM and DM removed the patch because it was unrecognized. This isn't good...

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Congress set this about 9 months ago, so any OS release after that(most 4.1 and any 4.2 versions) should be fine. To be sure you can update to the newest OS version available from your Service Provider, or I'm sure a quick e-mail to RIM's customer support department to determine if the version you are running is compliant will solve your possible problem. Hope this helps.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have a BlackBerry 8100 Pearl with OS 4.2.0.71 (Cingular OS on a T-Mobile Pearl). Do I have this patch or do I need to get it? I only see downloadable updates on www.discoverblackberry.com if you're on a BES, but I am on a BIS. Help?

PS: I found the table/chart that lists OS's that already have this patch and my OS and Platform, OS 4.2.0.71 (Platform 2.2.0.41), are already listed as having it.

Edit: Thanks jlesh LOL I also emailed RIM about the issue.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-13-2007 at 06:06 AM.

quotberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073

PS: I found the table/chart that lists OS's that already have this patch and my OS and Platform, OS 4.2.0.71 (Platform 2.2.0.41), are already listed as having it.

Edit: Thanks jlesh LOL I also emailed RIM about the issue.
    I am looking for that chart and must be either blind or stupid. Would you please paste the link?!? Thanks in advance.

PIN/ID
    24A25005

Quote Originally Posted by jlesh
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Congress set this about 9 months ago, so any OS release after that(most 4.1 and any 4.2 versions) should be fine. To be sure you can update to the newest OS version available from your Service Provider, or I'm sure a quick e-mail to RIM's customer support department to determine if the version you are running is compliant will solve your possible problem. Hope this helps.
    According to http://www.blackberry.com/select/dst...e_impact.shtml version 4.2.0.x requires the DST patch. 4.2.1 will already have the patch when it's released.

So, my problem still exists. Desktop Manager removes the patch if I install/remove other software from my BB because the patch is unrecognized by DM. Anyone else have this problem?

PIN/ID
    24A25005

Above is a screen shot of DM removing the DST patch. I have to keep reinstalling the patch every time I add or update software on my BB which is a real PITA.

Anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it?

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

If no patch is downloaded, then the only trouble I would have is just updating the time manually?????

PIN/ID
    24A25005

*bump*

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyS

Above is a screen shot of DM removing the DST patch. I have to keep reinstalling the patch every time I add or update software on my BB which is a real PITA.

Anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it?
    I am having the same issue!!! I am on the latest OS for my 8700c. I have to readd the patch from the BB, takes just a few minutes buts its still a pain in the a$$.

NOTE:: I just looked at the website and I do not need the patch my OS has it in it...
    Michael