How can I get the date & time shown in the message lists to be ... General Blackberry forum

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Date/time for messages

Advertisement

How can I get the date & time shown in the message lists to be the one sent as opposed to received? There is a difference between the time a message is sent and when I receive it (sometimes this difference can be hours if I'm out of an area with signal).
    Is there any way to get the date & time shown as sent time and not receive time?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Date/time for messages

When the other user sends them to you? I don't think you would know unless they are adding the sent time in the email. Your device can only tell when you receive it. Maybe try turning on confirm delivery receipts. And have others do the same.

cupiecat no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245061B0

Kinda on the same topic that hopefully someone can answer for me. Why is it that when you re-open a text message, say a few days later... The date changes to the new day and you have no idea when the text was originally sent? Is there a way to stop this from happening? Sometimes keeping the original sent date is very important.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by cupiecat View Post
    Kinda on the same topic that hopefully someone can answer for me. Why is it that when you re-open a text message, say a few days later... The date changes to the new day and you have no idea when the text was originally sent? Is there a way to stop this from happening? Sometimes keeping the original sent date is very important.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The few text messages that I have kept don't show this problem. They show the original sent (received) date and time. Try a reboot and see if that helps.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I just tried this out with an old message from the 18th. It still shows the time and date from the original message. Not sure what is causing this.

Also do you have the messages (email) combined with the sms/mms messages? I have all of mine combined and have no issue. Will try to separate them but don't think I ever experienced this issue.

If a reboot doesn't work, try a new OS?

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

When you open the text message are you replying to it too or just reading it? If you are adding to the conversation then it would change the date but if I just open and read and close it keeps the orignal date

Coleypie no está en línea Stack level 1

I notice this happens when you receive a msg and when it comes through the 1st time there might be some of it missing and it will say [some text missing] and once you turn your phone back on the entire msg comes through with the date when you turn it on. Hope this helps

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

In the message list, the dates/times shown are receive times; whereas in the message itself, I can scroll up & see when it was sent. These are usually two different times.

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
    In the message list, the dates/times shown are receive times; whereas in the message itself, I can scroll up & see when it was sent. These are usually two different times.
    Yup, that's how it works here too. Irritating, as to be able instead to see the sent time in the message list would be a good option. The risk though, is that unread/new messages might be someway down the list (unless unread ones were always made to be at the top)