Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i know when i visit my family from Kansas City to Springfield Missouri i have ... General Blackberry forum

BB_KC_Boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2079E897

Advertisement

i know when i visit my family from Kansas City to Springfield Missouri i have signal the entire time.. for me TMO Works.. The worst Park Spring Headquarters is in Kansas City and they have the Worst coverage. You would think seeing how the Campus is here it would be great but TMO and Verzion is the way to go in Kansas city.. ATt is ok also.
    T- Mobile G1 using Cyanogen Build 4.1.11.1 Android 1.6 On T-Mobile Network
    Running a Hero Based Theme

I AM A PC AND LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I have unlimited data with my carrier, it's the only choice. They won't sell one without it. If I did have a choice for a cheaper plan with less data I don't think I would take it. I would rather give up a couple trips to Starbucks or other similar things and keep my unlimited data
    I totally agree with Az. If there's any way to afford unlimited you should get it, use it and not have to worry about it.

Unless you're really in an economic pinch, life's too short to have to always be concerned about going over the limit.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Thanks, I really appreciate everyone's insight. I kind of knew deep inside that I didn't want to drop the unlimited data but something clicked in my mind that if I could save 15 bucks why not try a limited data plan. What really comes down to it, its just not worth the headache every single time I open an email or receive a message from someone.

I'd like to add a different thought - I don't use a data plan at all. I got an email account at Gmail, which is free, and allows downloads of emails from pop3 accounts and other free sites like Yahoo, and then downloaded the gmail application to my T-mobile Shadow. The Gmail ap downloads emails from all of my email accounts - work and personal - and it's very good. Even includes attachments. With the proliferation of free WiFi everywhere, there is literally very few places in town that don't have a connection available, and the equipment to install wifi at my home was less than a hundred bucks. So I figure, why pay for a data plan at all with all this free WiFi available? Village Inn, Carl's Jr., all the local malls, every hotel in town, the entire Downtown area, and most areas of town have free WiFi. It will soon be on Greyhound buses (already is on some), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    I'd like to add a different thought - I don't use a data plan at all. I got an email account at Gmail, which is free, and allows downloads of emails from pop3 accounts and other free sites like Yahoo, and then downloaded the gmail application to my T-mobile Shadow. The Gmail ap downloads emails from all of my email accounts...........
    I tried this (not really knowing what I was doing) by DL-ing the Google Gmail ap and hoping for the best via wi-fi, when attempting to execute, I got: "This program requires a valid data plan...." and hung requiring a reboot. ?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Great idea Mark and thanks for your insight on my question. Unfortunately, at the point I am I'm not willing to give up my data completely and rely on wifi to fulfill the missing pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    Great idea Mark and thanks for your insight on my question. Unfortunately, at the point I am I'm not willing to give up my data completely and rely on wifi to fulfill the missing pieces.
    That's good, BES, because as Mark has graciously explained to me, what he's doing works great on a Windows mobile system but, if you're using a Blackberry or Nokia (in his experience and mine,) you don't get all the pieces when you depend on wi-fi.

A lot of stuff works on wi-fi only on a Blackberry but a lot doesn't too so you best have some type of data plan on your main phone if you want all functions.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 06-22-2009 at 09:16 AM.

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use so much data I should be paying double for what I pay for unlimited
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

gianni4ever1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i cant inst alx files
    pls help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12