Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

so every time that i check the "status" on my 7130e, the "file free" seems ... General Blackberry forum

micohoe no está en línea Stack level 1

data usage

Advertisement

so every time that i check the "status" on my 7130e, the "file free" seems to be depleting every time. i mean, i do receive multiple e-mails and sms messages a day, but at the same time, i have my bb keeping my messages for 15 days only.

can someone explain to me how this number works?

for example, my file total = 59899904 bytes

and my file free= 37561488 bytes

i dont know where the heck all of this space has gone. i don't have any 3rd party apps besides google maps and handango inhand...

should i be worried that i'll run out of space on my berry?

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: data usage

No I don't thinkyou have to worry about that. If you file free is too low just delete the old message every week so you won't have too much space taken by messages and e-mails

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I am always thinking that I will be out of room. Haven't gotten there yet.... so I would say, no need to worry.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

It could also be a memory leak. Some OS's have this. RIM is working on it.

memory leak??? where does it leak to?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

lol Its a term melissa. We say something has a memory leak, because theres a bug somewhere that eats up the memory, usually slowely, just like a leak, and it doesnt come back until a reboot.

Only a leak you generally can't get it back... like when Kaylee's bottle leaks all over the carpet and my pants. All that liquid is gone. :P
    At least memory leaks you can get the memory back.
    My Blog , My Flickr

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well, let me recommend 2 things....

First off purge your deleted emails...Go to your messages folder, click your trackwheel, got to options, email reconciliation, then click your trackwheel again and choose to purge deleted items....

Also, go to your messages folder, click view folder, and delete out Sent SMS/MMS messages, call logs, missed call logs, sms inbox, mms inbox, etc...That may help ya out a little bit too...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

And Periodically, from your Home Screen Press and Hold the ALT key while typing LGLG, then Click the trackwheel and select Clear, being sure to respond Delete. This will free up some of the memory. But from what you give for Free/Total, you're not in bad shape as most of what you have being used is taken up by the OS.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Only a leak you generally can't get it back... like when Kaylee's bottle leaks all over the carpet and my pants. All that liquid is gone. :P
    At least memory leaks you can get the memory back.
    HAH....priceless!

Can you guess what happened today? We had leaks everywhere with bottles. She figured out how to get whats in the bottle to drip out all over the place.
    My Blog , My Flickr

invisiblesir no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D6CADC

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Also, I'm not certain if your model has internet or not, but you could delete your internet history as well.

micohoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Well, let me recommend 2 things....

First off purge your deleted emails...Go to your messages folder, click your trackwheel, got to options, email reconciliation, then click your trackwheel again and choose to purge deleted items....

Also, go to your messages folder, click view folder, and delete out Sent SMS/MMS messages, call logs, missed call logs, sms inbox, mms inbox, etc...That may help ya out a little bit too...
    wow great tips! thanks a lot! after i did those things, i noticed my memory jump up..

tjunkie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203E690C

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    And Periodically, from your Home Screen Press and Hold the ALT key while typing LGLG, then Click the trackwheel and select Clear, being sure to respond Delete. This will free up some of the memory. But from what you give for Free/Total, you're not in bad shape as most of what you have being used is taken up by the OS.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    As states Alt-LGLG will enable you to delete event logs which accumulated over time.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The term Warning at the top of the Event Log indicates the setting of the Lowest Level Event that is Logged. It has nothing to do with whether or not it is safe to clear the log. The Options are Information, Warning and Debug.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast