I have a blackberry curve 3G, 9300. I installed the facebook app on it and ... General Blackberry forum

blakeyates no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Data error

Advertisement

I have a blackberry curve 3G, 9300. I installed the facebook app on it and when I try to log in it comes up and says we cannot reach the server at this time. I had the app before and it worked just fine. I also tried reinstalling it and got the same result. I went to my internet connections and I ran a diagnostic and it came up with "data activation no". I have a unlimited data plan and never had problems in the past. Anyone have any ideas?
    UGA Alumni 2008-11

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Blake, welcome back.

Did you uninstall before reinstalling? Where did you install the app from?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Also, make sure the app permissions are set correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by blakeyates View Post
    I have a blackberry curve 3G, 9300. I installed the facebook app on it and when I try to log in it comes up and says we cannot reach the server at this time. I had the app before and it worked just fine. I also tried reinstalling it and got the same result. I went to my internet connections and I ran a diagnostic and it came up with "data activation no". I have a unlimited data plan and never had problems in the past. Anyone have any ideas?
    I have never, ever gotten the Facebook app to work on my Berrys (9700, 9780) with or without the data plan. However, I've discovered that logging in to FB just using the phone's browser works great - post, read posts, send pics, look at pics, keep up with buddies. I haven't worked too hard on getting the app to work because the generic browser experience is pretty good -

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I don't have this problem with the App on my Torch, neither did my daughter with her 9700, so I don't think it is an inherent error with the App, however it could be a settings problem as Roger said. Apparently people in the UK with T-Mobile are having this problem which was due to the APN settings. I don't know if this would help but I found this on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...776&topic=6240
    You may want to check it out changing the APN to the correct one for your carrier.
    Hope this helps
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2