Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Okay, I found this searching for my answer but the post seems a little old... ... General Blackberry forum

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Data connection refused ?

Advertisement

Okay, I found this searching for my answer but the post seems a little old... I have an 8830, and I cannot find how to change networks on that thing because the internet is not working on my phone. There is no such "Network" option... I have Sprint. Please HELP!!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan on your account?

kjomullane no está en línea Stack level 1

Can anyone help me. It's a bit of a long story, but I will try and make it short. I purchased a Blackberry Pearl on ebay in Australia. I bought it to use here in India. My sim card is data enabled and if I put it into another blackberry Curve it works fine and edge comes up EDGE. When I put my sim card back into the blackberry Pearl it comes up with data connection refused and edge in lower case.

My carrier is Hutchison Essar and they say that the phone is locked for data. Oh I forgot to mention that the phone has come with a german manual and shows T Mobile on the front and it is from Germany. Unlocking company says it wont be locked anymore as you are using it as a phone and that is working fine.

If you can guide me as to what to do I will be very grateful.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by kjomullane
    Can anyone help me. It's a bit of a long story, but I will try and make it short. I purchased a Blackberry Pearl on ebay in Australia. I bought it to use here in India. My sim card is data enabled and if I put it into another blackberry Curve it works fine and edge comes up EDGE. When I put my sim card back into the blackberry Pearl it comes up with data connection refused and edge in lower case.

My carrier is Hutchison Essar and they say that the phone is locked for data. Oh I forgot to mention that the phone has come with a german manual and shows T Mobile on the front and it is from Germany. Unlocking company says it wont be locked anymore as you are using it as a phone and that is working fine.

If you can guide me as to what to do I will be very grateful.
    Welcome to the stacks kjomullane.

So I'm unsure what you are trying to achieve. So to get things straight you can use the Pearl as a phone. You can't use the data function. You're trying to use the data function?

If your carrier is correct and it is locked then the only way to get the data function to work is to unlock the phone.

To find out if it's locked you need to navigate to:
    Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card> now type MEPPD

Now it should say
    Personalization:
    SIM
    Network
    Network Subset
    Service Provider
    Corporate

After each (on the right side) it will say Active or Disabled

If the are all Disabled then it's unlocked, if it says Active in anyone of those then it's locked

Hope that helps for now...will need further information to help you further.

Thank you very much for responding.

I just checked and all of them are disabled. So therefore its unlocked.

Its definitely got me perplexed as I don't quite know what to do. I was wondering if it as operating system problem or what.

If I put the sim card into another phone - then it works fine. Just not on this phone.

If you can advise me of anything else to do, I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Kendra

The data plan is connected but Hutchison Essage (Hutch) in India - they cannot seem to get it to work. They were the ones telling me that it is locked.

Sorry that should have read Hutchison Essar (Hutch)

PIN/ID
    STACK

Kendra I'm stumped on this one, let me get some help....I'll ask a few others.

I'm not sure how much we can do since it seems like there is a conflict with your carrier.

I know - its got me stumped as well. Just was wondering - should it have the browswer icon on the desktop suite of the Pearl. It seems to be missing and I don't know whether it should be there or not. You know the one of the world. I was thinking that maybe some of the software was missing.

Also, could it be a settings issue and can we possible redownload the operating system onto it.

I went to the blackberry site and downloaded the Blackberry Device Manager from Hutch, but this doesn't seem to do much. When I have linked from the desktop manager to the phone it comes up with a message that the desktop manager does not have the software for the device. Could this also be anything?

PIN/ID
    STACK

If you had a data connection, then it would show up. The service books needed for the pearl would be sent once connected.

Do you know if your carrier has a Blackberry Internet Service? (BIS) I know with other carriers you need to access that account through your carrier and set that up.

Yes they do. I just bought my boyfriend a Blackberry Curve and he has linked to the Blackberry Service just fine. This phone i.e. the pearl is definitely having a glitch somewhere, because when I take the sim from the pearl and put it into the curve it works great. Both phones are used on the Hutch service.

It was a T Mobile germany phone (even though I thought I was purchasing a pearl from Australia).

Cheers

Kendra

PIN/ID
    STACK

I remember a while back someone else had an issue with a TMO Germany phone with their network. He just couldn't get it to work either something about it being a business phone. Let me see if I can find the thread.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Options>mobile netowork> data services on?

My phone is carrier locked, and all mine under sim card are disabled. You sure it's unlocked?

Well I did exactly what they said and it came up with Disabled under each item.

Sorry, Exactly what Reddog asked me to do.
    Last edited by kjomullane; 08-11-2007 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Automerged.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast