Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hi: Has anyone heard of this error message: Data connection refused.. If so, do you ... General Blackberry forum

allan16 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    --------

Data connection refused ?

Advertisement

Hi:

Has anyone heard of this error message: Data connection refused..
    If so, do you guys know where could I get a screenshot of the error on the BB screen ??

Thanks

allan16 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    --------
    and also could someone tell me. why this error is coming up on a 7230 BB ?

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF
    As far as a screenshot, i don't know how to duplicate the problem.

I've seen this on my t-mobile 7230 when my connection the the wap server gets messed up. If I do a hard reboot (remove battery) the problem goes away.

The connection refused can sometimes mean a connection was unable to be established.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yes it usually refers to your Blackberry's inability to register with the GPRS from your Network carrier. Sometimes this can be fixed with a simple restart. Assuming you have already tried this, then I would like you to try manually selecting the network and registering with it...

Follow these instructions here:

http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfa...=61&artlang=en

If it still says "data connection refused" then most likely it's Carrier related and your Blackberry isn't currently been provisioned or provisioned correctly on your Carrier's MSC for Blackberry Data service. It could also be for some reason the provisioned information for your profile on your Carrier's HRL has been reset. Once you notify them they will update you and you'll have to restart the Blackberry radio.

Let us know how this works.

Also, if you edit your profile and identify your carrier it will help us support you better.

Good luck!
    Last edited by hayden; 11-16-2005 at 12:38 PM.

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B
    Please let us know if you need more assistance.
    We're all here to help. = )
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

gartm no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Data connection refused ?

I have seen entries in other websites that say that Verizon is going to release new s/w in Feb. to address this issue

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I had this message when I first had my BB. I had a sidekick data plan and it wouldn't work on my BB. I had to call tmo and get my plan changed.
    ~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

kbeast no está en línea Stack level 1

wow late reply but...it means you don't have data service from your provider.

OR

you setup your device, and your set up for BIS and your really on BES, or visa versa. Still, its at the provider end.

aosmith Guest

yup my money is on how your account is provisioned...call them up from a land line...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I saw this on my first 7100t after reactivating it a month after having another phone crash. A simple reset was all it took.

Osgiliath no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201F43E3

Get rid of "Data connection refused"

Today I found out a way to get rid of the dreaded "Data connection refused" from the top of the screen of my BB when you have no data plan (BES or BIS) available.

Go to Options -> Network, change Network Selection Mode to Manual, then scan for available networks and select manually the network you're subscribed to.

On both of my devices, the 7130 with 4.0 software and 7100 with 4.1 software, the "Data connection refused" message dissapeared until the next reboot. No permanent damage seems to have occured to my phones , so, no Blackberry was harmed due to the making of this "tweak".

I searched if anyone placed this "howto" before me, and I haven't found anything, so please excuse me if anyone else reported this first.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Get rid of "Data connection refused"

Thats some nice info. This Forum seems extremely nice compared to any other forums I have ever been on .. if it already exists they will jsut move it for you

rush88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30156d2b

Just to throw in my experience- I get this message when I leave the Sprint PCS network and begin roaming. There is apparently no way around this for me. I guess I just can't use data on a roaming carrier. Any attempt at provisioning fails, and it never allows me to select a network manually Though I can make phone calls and send SMS messages when this is displayed.

xnavarro no está en línea Stack level 1

I am in Honduras, have a BB 8700 from Cingular/Miami, Fl. The device switches back and forth between two carriers, one GSM annd the other one GPRS/EDGE... unfortunatelly it is more the time spent on GSM not allowing me to sent/receive emails.

When I go to Settings->Network, it does not give me an option to select the network manually, nor to scan for networks. According to the documentation and all the literature I have read it should..

thanks

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Is your service with at&t? They don't allow network selection in the US (though I'd think that Honduras would be considered outside the US). You should be able to select a network when outside of the US though. If you are with at&t I'd call them first to verify all this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast