I have a word list that is really big, from a-z and would like to ... General Blackberry forum

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Question Custom Word List (Huge)

Advertisement

I have a word list that is really big, from a-z and would like to know how to get this on my phone. I have sent myself the email with the list and hoping that it will be recognized by the backend to grab these words and load them into the phone, but if anyone has ever done this before, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now I am doing a copy/paste on a messenger to myself so I can get these recognized by the phone, hopefully this will work just like typing a message as it's recognized to Custom Word List.

Here is the list as I have posted it below, but for those that may end up turning this into a 5-6 page thread , here's the link: http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~merlyn/words
    Last edited by JDWired; 07-08-2007 at 07:08 PM.
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

Re: Custom Word List (Huge)

Quote Originally Posted by Reno84
    I have a word list that is really big, from a-z and would like to know how to get this on my phone. I have sent myself the email with the list and hoping that it will be recognized by the backend to grab these words and load them into the phone, but if anyone has ever done this before, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now I am doing a copy/paste on a messenger to myself so I can get these recognized by the phone, hopefully this will work just like typing a message as it's recognized to Custom Word List.
    Doing what you did in your second paragraph works (simply sending the list of words in a message to your phone). From your Options menu, go to "Language", scroll down to and choose "Input Options", then set "Automatic Word Learning from Messages" to "On". (Note: These menu options are on a 7105t with OS 4.1.0.377 -- hopefully they are on your "i" )

PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Hey Mark,

thanks for the reply. I did do this in GTalk to my sisters Gtalk and it didn't seem to go through, however if you do it on BlackBerry Messenger it will, though I don't want to flood my friends online.... The options are as well set on my phone as they are on yours.

Thanks again!

Thanks again!
    Welcome!

PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Just to share the wealth of the list: http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~merlyn/words

Enjoy and if you come up with a solution to load them, PLEASE let us know.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: Custom Word List (Huge)

Quote Originally Posted by Reno84
    Just to share the wealth of the list: http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~merlyn/words

Enjoy and if you come up with a solution to load them, PLEASE let us know.
    Cool thinks for sharing

liltiki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24056bd4

Great list Reno... looking for a way to get it on my Curve. Don't have that option, Mark, on this phone, at least not on mine...

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

A lot of words on that list I just can't imagine ever needing in a SMS or email. (Although I am now tempted to figure out how to work Aarhus into somebody's message. But that would also entail looking it up to figure out what it means.) I think I'll save the memory that list would take up. Thanks for sharing though.

PIN/ID
    3156B31E

I don't see this list being a memory hog at all, but you never know...

Zekialstone no está en línea Stack level 3

That is a cool idea, but I like to clean out my wordlist from time to time. I make mistakes that get saved. Saving all those words would make that chore a nightmare