Why does the 88xx series cost more then the 83xx series? The 83xx series has ... General Blackberry forum

germy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241bb585

Curve VS 88xx

Advertisement

Why does the 88xx series cost more then the 83xx series? The 83xx series has more features and is newer?

At least with T-Mobile the 88xx doesn't have GPS or or WiFi but still costs more. The T-Mob 88xx also costs the same as the ATT 88xx (technically, before the ATT extra mail in rebate, so the ATT one is actually less) but the ATT one has GPS and Wi-Fi.

Can someone fill me in? Ha,

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Curve VS 88xx

It's just how they're priced. Shop around.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

They only cost more if you get it retail from the carrier. I am guessing because more business users use the 88xx series so they can get away with charging them more (since it's a write off anyway)

If you get them somewhere other than the carrier, ie;ebay, craigslist, pinstack bBay, you will notice that the 83xx's are more than the 88xx's. Most people know the "real value" of each of the devices.

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    They only cost more if you get it retail from the carrier. I am guessing because more business users use the 88xx series so they can get away with charging them more (since it's a write off anyway)

If you get them somewhere other than the carrier, ie;ebay, craigslist, pinstack bBay, you will notice that the 83xx's are more than the 88xx's. Most people know the "real value" of each of the devices.
    hey dasupaman23 - i was looking at your signature & it says you have bb 9xxx? do you know somthing i/we dont???? eh eh?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Maybe, maybe not. ha

Wombat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2104929D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The tmo 8800 does have gps, they just don't advertise it and don't include bbmaps, but there is a telnav trial icon on the device.
    The 8800 is aimed more at business and those customers are less priceconsious. We get charged more because it lacksa camera

h3LIX no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    HEAD

I think the build quality of the 8800 is far superior to the 8320.
    If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. if you work at it, it's GOLF!

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The tmo 8800 does have gps, they just don't advertise it and don't include bbmaps, but there is a telnav trial icon on the device.
    The 8800 is aimed more at business and those customers are less priceconsious. We get charged more because it lacksa camera
    I agree. The 8800 is the superior when refering to a "business corporate" device.

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I agree that its because of ther build quality mostly, and gps is worth more than a camera. I have had the 8800 for 4 months, and got the curve this week to try it out, not bcuz I don't like the 8800 but because I have this sickness that I have to change my phone after 3 months even if I like it. .... Anyways, so far I like the size of the curve but that's it. Typing on it is quite irritating after getting used to the 8800 bigger keyboard and I can see where the price difference might come in; the curve really has a flimzy plastic feel to it compared to the 8800. I honestly feel as if they gave me one of those empty shop demo units

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

I've had both. 8800 upside is the GPS

Curve is really great for multimedia and i prefer it over all to 8800.
    Wifi + Cam combo wins over gps for me. I actually carry gps receiver for rainy day