Which should I get? I just now found out that I can get one at ... General Blackberry forum

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Curve or 8800?

Advertisement

Which should I get? I just now found out that I can get one at corp. discount.

Does the 8800 have a good camera, etc? I'm just looking for some specs before I decide. Thanks!
    /~*brooke

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Re: Curve or 8800?

8800 has no camera, but media player. Curve has camera+media player+its sleek. Thats pretty much the only diff I can think of at this point. Sorry, not sure about gps and all the other stuff because I dont care about it.

cynamicny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F282DC

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~8800 is more a proffesional device aimed to the corporate people. The curve in the other hand is aimed towards the consumer or prosumer crowd. Main difference is the camera and the gps.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

8800 GPS no camera
    Curve no GPS has camera

But its really up to you, hold both and see what fits you best.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Has the 8800 and absolutely love it but...is getting a curve next week.(Changing provider).

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't know if I agree that the 8800 is actually better than the curve. Yes the 8800 may be marketed for the professionals but I think the curve is just as good. I am a power professional bb user and I when I was evaluating the two for my sales and service force, I decided on the curve. The main reason is that I felt the keyboard was better which helps to facilitate the many many emails we send each day. Other than that I found the 8800 and curve identical in terms of performance.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Some companies do not allow phones with cameras, hence the 8700 or 8800 are the preferred devices. Same with DoD.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

One more thing to consider, the keys are pretty close togetheron the 8800. I loved the keyboard on my 8700. I could type faster on that than on my 8300 now.

Trademasters no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2404B465

I had a curve and went back to the 8800. If you are a busy person and rely on a calender and it's alerts as I do the 8800 is your best option. To many calender probs with the curve. The person at the 800 number said there have been alot of OS probs with the curve.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by tboooe
    i don't know if I agree that the 8800 is actually better than the curve. Yes the 8800 may be marketed for the professionals but I think the curve is just as good.
    "Professional" doesn't mean "better than consumer". The term "Professional" is used to note that the 8800 doesn't have a camera which isn't allowed in many corporate, government and military facilities.

As for which is "better" the answer is the one that's best suited to you (as with anything). Compare the features and specs at Blackberry.com. There's a tool for comparing devices side-by-side.

orbitz no está en línea Stack level 1

I have both here..while I tend to like the compactness and overall look of the curve just a bit better, I have been using the 8830 more because it is on sprint and my coverage is a little better and data access is MUCH faster. I am pretty surprised, but I can type as fast on the 8830 as on my 8700 even though you look at the keyboard and it looks like it will be terrible to type on. I can't really explain it except that in a funny sort of way, "touch" typing seems easier to me on the 8830.

Both are fantastic BB's..I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Personnally, I find a camera much more attractive a feature then GPS for my needs, but I will admit the GPS is very cool and super useful if you need it.