Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by pdxmatts That's going to be quite a difference for you going from ... General Blackberry forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    That's going to be quite a difference for you going from an 8100 to a Bold. Hope you will like it. You never know about paying full price until you call c/s and ask. You may be surprised.
    ----
    I agree with pdxmatts

When I'm ready to buy a new BB I always call into customer service. I'm friendly and simply ask for what I want. I remind them in a nice way, how long I've been a customer and that I'm very happy with the service. If they do not meet the price I'm offering to pay, I say I understand. And would they please put their supervisor on the phone so that I can tell that person how courteous they were even though they could not help me. Now here's an important point. Remember the first person you talk to is not a decision maker & has no power. Therefore when the super comes on the line I compliment the first person. The super is always curious when I simply mention in passing the person could not help me and keep talking without making anything of it. Then when it's the supers turn & he/she asks I downplay it and say that it's me as I wanted a discount. By being calm, pleasant, matter of fact, I've always had the super extend a discount, ship it overnight for free & everyone wins.
    Hope this helps some of you who like myself are not eligible for an upgrade. I can never wait that long...

And remember, there is no such thing as owning too many BlackBerry's...

via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Archer6

You crack me as well. I think someone should change my title to PinStack clown. LOL. Let's start a petition. Send it around.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by RSCStacker; 05-21-2008 at 10:27 PM.

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    ----
    I agree with pdxmatts

When I'm ready to buy a new BB I always call into customer service. I'm friendly and simply ask for what I want. I remind them in a nice way, how long I've been a customer and that I'm very happy with the service. If they do not meet the price I'm offering to pay, I say I understand. And would they please put their supervisor on the phone so that I can tell that person how courteous they were even though they could not help me. Now here's an important point. Remember the first person you talk to is not a decision maker & has no power. Therefore when the super comes on the line I compliment the first person. The super is always curious when I simply mention in passing the person could not help me and keep talking without making anything of it. Then when it's the supers turn & he/she asks I downplay it and say that it's me as I wanted a discount. By being calm, pleasant, matter of fact, I've always had the super extend a discount, ship it overnight for free & everyone wins.
    Hope this helps some of you who like myself are not eligible for an upgrade. I can never wait that long...

ok, this issue has come ip recently where i live... Yes, i understand that loyal customers need to be taken care of.. HOWEVER, recently, did have someone want a free curve on an upgrade. and said that since they had been with at&t forever, they deserved a free curve... my response (had been a long day, so i was a little short) "if we go with that logic, and you want a high end device for free... then, since i have driven a ford for 10 years, I should get a ford GT for free right?" they didn't like my response, but it is true. I know this kinda goes against what i posted earlier, but just how i saw the situation. lol

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    and i will make a motion to mak RSC the Stack jester. looking for a second, and a mojority vote. all in favor?

Opposed?
    Abstaining?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Archer, I put you as a warning on my "BB may cause??" Thread as -may cause you to compulsivly buy BB's, one for every pocket-...

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im with archer I do the same thing but I usually do it with all different phones. I been through very phone you can think of and finally found the phone that I can stick with for awhile or should I say found the main phone os I'm gonna stick with and that's blackberry. So I will continue with my collection of blackberrys

Quote Originally Posted by jdiiams View Post
    ok, this issue has come ip recently where i live.
    -----
    This is why I call in. They understand that I pay them a substantial amount of money each month for voice service as well as data & text msgs. There is a tremendous amount of profit in that. They also know that their cost for a curve is only around $45.00. So when I merely ask for a deal (not a free phone) they may either say yes or no. It is not imposing on them, they don't take it personally and each time without fail they offer me a great deal, while at the same time thanking me for my loyalty.

Actually what they do realize is that they are being presented with an opportunity to do something good for the customer. They know the value of good will and word of mouth. In turn I have sent them many new customers, as I am their biggest advocate. They are smart enough to recognize this and we both win. It's easy really. Especially since they can write off the cost of the phone.

Thanks AT&T!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    ----
    I agree with pdxmatts

I got free text messaging, and a ten dollar credit to a friends account for this... Archer you have it down!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

Quote Originally Posted by chatster18 View Post
    I got free text messaging, and a ten dollar credit to a friends account for this... Archer you have it down!
    Congratulations!

I have a saying that goes like this:

Kill em with Kindness!

After all, it's a difficult & stressful job they have dealing with the public. They have so many angry nasty people that want to blame it on them & the carrier. What we as customers must remember is, it's just business.

Therefore if we treat them with respect and kindness it causes them to _want_ to work with us, & everyone is happy.

Cheers

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Congratulations!

I have a saying that goes like this:

Kill em with Kindness!

After all, it's a difficult & stressful job they have dealing with the public. They have so many angry nasty people that want to blame it on them & the carrier. What we as customers must remember is, it's just business.

Therefore if we treat them with respect and kindness it causes them to _want_ to work with us, & everyone is happy.

Cheers

I wish everyone was as kind and polite as Archer6 is at all times. I get people like you every now and then in a great blue moon and when I do it is always a blessing.

Like your quote says, "Kill em with Kindness."

Even when angry customers come into the store thats exactly the approach I use when communicating with them and they 99% of the time leave happier than when they came in.

Second to none patience and kindness go along way.

RSCStacker

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I second that.. Flirting won't hurt either

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have the same dilemma. I have tmobile and I really don't wanna go to att. When is tmo getting the bold? Like a couple months later? My contract isn't up til December but I can't wait... There are so many cons in switching to att for me tho (extra phone bills til December, 20+ bucks more per month for bis and unlimited txt, and most importantly, its NOT tmobile!) I've been with tmobile forever and they have THE nicest reps ever! So idk.. I know patience is a virtue but it aint mine. Sigh

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by audreypearl View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have the same dilemma. I have tmobile and I really don't wanna go to att. When is tmo getting the bold? Like a couple months later? My contract isn't up til December but I can't wait... There are so many cons in switching to att for me tho (extra phone bills til December, 20+ bucks more per month for bis and unlimited txt, and most importantly, its NOT tmobile!) I've been with tmobile forever and they have THE nicest reps ever! So idk.. I know patience is a virtue but it aint mine. Sigh
    Well lemme know audreypearl and I can see what i could do for you. At least if you go through me you can always gurantee I will be there for you as long as I am here in the company. I have many stackers here who were not even my customers and still continue to do so. Whether it benefits me or not, I love to help. If I can find you the answers I will.

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I do exactly as archer says, and end up getting an upgrade with a two year extension every six months to a year. I am just polite to the customer service representatives. I got my pearl 8120 for 139.99 this way. (89.99 after 50 dollar mail-in rebate)

Kon
    Kon no está en línea Stack level 2
    I would like to know when the Bold will be coming to TMobile. I heard that instead of the 9000 they will be getting the 9100 (which I heard is the kickstart)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast