I'm returning my pearl, just got it today and frankly i'm underwhelmed to say the ... General Blackberry forum

gooddog no está en línea Stack level 2

Curve, 8820 or refurb 8800?

Advertisement

I'm returning my pearl, just got it today and frankly i'm underwhelmed to say the least. Too small, hate the keyboard have to shove it into my ear to hear anything and its warbly. So what do i go with, the so LOVES his 8800 and didnt like his co workers curve. Curve sounds right for me though i dont love the lower battery life.
    Thoughts, debates welcome.

Re: Curve, 8820 or refurb 8800?-more info

I will use it mostly for my self employ business(all day) and personal use. I do travel a little, rare overseas travel.

bpd
    bpd no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Curve, 8820 or refurb 8800?

The curve is the best ... try it!

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Curve ftw

c1chrisc1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6B92F

Go for the curve is your concerned about media.

If you want GPS go for the 8800

Now the 8820 is showing that wifi is pretty much slow. The only way I would get this is if I could get it without a bb plan but I'm not even sure if you can do that.

Hope that helped.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

personally I love the 8800. Its depth is small but length/width its a tad bigger.

The battery life is insane, there is a battery life thread somewhere if you search. I have had mine clock to 7days. 6 days without all the warnings and alerts.

wifi? Its good but what's the point if I can't do full web browsing? GPS is good. I don't need the camera, I use my pro camera. I used to own a samsung t809, great multimedia phone. However I hard ever touched the camera on it. 1.3mp made me shudder!! That's my take. Hope I was helpful.

Thanks, very helpful. I'm still torn. I guess I wont really use the wifi that much so then the debate is how much do I really need the camera which from experience has had minimal use on past phones and is the keyboard spacing that different.
    the curve also seems a bit more pocket friendly.

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have had no problem with the battery life on the Curve. By the way the camera isn't half bad! Like the keypad too. Go Curve and don't look back.

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

Just switched from pearl to curve. Frankly I have no idea how I made it through 2 devices (7105t and 8100) on suretype boards.

The curve is a phenomenal phone. I have the unlimited BIS plan, and unlimited texting (locked in on that for 30$ total for a year oe two now). The wifi is nice, but the only time its handy is to get a page to load faster when I'm in a wi-fi network.

The camera is great... I remember being shocked at the images from the pearl's lens. This summer I rode my bike across america to raise money for juveline cancer research with my dad, and our online blog was updated soley with pictures from the pearl. People asked how my digital camera fot in our bags!! (Little did they know it was a phone!) The curves camera is even better! Flash is phenomenal, and the lens takes quality shots, granted I have it on superfine quality.

I think RIM put a lot of time into the curve. Its very well designed, and runs smoothly. running bluetooth, wifi, and wireless phone signals, I can get the battery to last 7 am to 10 pm. I don't know about you, but that's long enough for me, and I'm a heavy user.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dj flyy

Just switched from pearl to curve. Frankly I have no idea how I made it through 2 devices (7105t and 8100) on suretype boards.

The curve is a phenomenal phone. I have the unlimited BIS plan, and unlimited texting (locked in on that for 30$ total for a year oe two now). The wifi is nice, but the only time its handy is to get a page to load faster when I'm in a wi-fi network.

The camera is great... I remember being shocked at the images from the pearl's lens. This summer I rode my bike across america to raise money for juveline cancer research with my dad, and our online blog was updated soley with pictures from the pearl. People asked how my digital camera fot in our bags!! (Little did they know it was a phone!) The curves camera is even better! Flash is phenomenal, and the lens takes quality shots, granted I have it on superfine quality.

I think RIM put a lot of time into the curve. Its very well designed, and runs smoothly. running bluetooth, wifi, and wireless phone signals, I can get the battery to last 7 am to 10 pm. I don't know about you, but that's long enough for me, and I'm a heavy user.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks! I'm aiting for thursday(or whenever att puts up their new curve) but considering canceling the service and going tmo. What are you on?

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

Quote Originally Posted by gooddog
    Thanks! I'm aiting for thursday(or whenever att puts up their new curve) but considering canceling the service and going tmo. What are you on?
    TMO... have been for years.
    dj flyy