Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by kelhosseiny U mean positive addiction, I don't think BBs can be labled ... General Blackberry forum

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Re: Criminals using Black Berries

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by kelhosseiny
    U mean positive addiction, I don't think BBs can be labled as hobbies. That would be way too mild. I'm pretty sure if someone gave me a phone and told me to use it for a week instead of my pearl I would start seizing
    Yah but they make medication for that!

I hope this is not an addiction but I have to agree with you as far as having to use one of those "regular" phones instead of my Pearl. That would last about 10 minutes tops.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

lol i read that article saying that there is canadian gang members have bbs

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb
    Yah but they make medication for that!

I hope this is not an addiction but I have to agree with you as far as having to use one of those "regular" phones instead of my Pearl. That would last about 10 minutes tops.
    I don't even think I could last that long.

nsirois586 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Even worse, cheaper BlackBerrys also mean that even low-level criminals are using the devices to communicate with one another.

^^^^^^^^is that when it became a problem? corporate criminals have been using the blackberry from the start
    Agreed

PIN/ID
    243e1873

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I agree also. No matter what criminals no matter if they are white collar or blue will use anything and everything to get the job done

bgill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461F24B

I was recently almost called to jury duty service where the police had phone taped the "alleged" criminals who were using there non-BB phones to coordinate their criminal deeds. What would have happened if they were using BB phones? Interesting to say the least? What are your thoughts?

PIN/ID
    243e1873
    Quote Originally Posted by bgill
    I was recently almost called to jury duty service where the police had phone taped the "alleged" criminals who were using there non-BB phones to coordinate their criminal deeds. What would have happened if they were using BB phones? Interesting to say the least? What are your thoughts?
    I don't think they would have anything since rim tries to keep our privacy with our BB

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

So i take it too much security is bad when used in the wrong hands.

regular msgs are usually 256bit encrypted! that would take even the biggest super computers literally decades or even worse, centuries to crack.
    Last edited by pinpoint; 10-14-2007 at 04:07 PM.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~lol note how this story was posted on cnbc this shows how desperate nbc is as a whaole desperate for ratings. Buy should I be supreised criminnals use balckberrys no. I'm not. Heck blusnip blue tooth cracking apps have been around for at least 2 yaears now heck you can raid a bes server with bbproxy anybody familiar with the term "blackjacking"?

nimicus no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~lol note how this story was posted on cnbc this shows how desperate nbc is as a whaole desperate for ratings. Buy should I be supreised criminnals use balckberrys no. I'm not. Heck blusnip blue tooth cracking apps have been around for at least 2 yaears now heck you can raid a bes server with bbproxy anybody familiar with the term "blackjacking"?
    What did he say?

kelhosseiny no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415c7cf

I don't think he knows how to use suretype

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0
    Quote Originally Posted by nimicus
    What did he say?
    don't know, I'm not fluent in suretypr.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    at the Financial Post, columnist David Berman writes about the influence Research in Motion has on the S&P/ TSX index. He puts it in perspective:
    RIM's stock alone accounts for about 270 points of the index's rise this year, representing about 20% of the index's total gains. That is more than twice the impact of Alcan Inc. on the index and about four times the impact of Bell Canada Inc. (formerly known as BCE Inc.), both of which have soared because of takeovers.

Recently, the Waterloo, Ont.-based maker of the BlackBerry has managed to overcome most of its legal troubles and the company's rise seems unstoppable. Of course there's a dark side to the BlackBerry.
    Stories about 'the CrackBerry' or drivers who text and drive are nothing new but in a recent Vancouver Sun story the RCMP are warning that BlackBerrys are now the gadget of choice for criminals.

The e-mail device's security features even make it difficult for authorities to track and trace illicit activity:
    "The BlackBerry [server] was created with corporate data security in mind," states the RCMP report, obtained by The Vancouver Sun through the Access to Information Act. "Until recently, this system was only affordable by companies such as Telus, CIBC, and the like; they are now more affordable and it is easy for individuals to set up a network."
    Even worse, cheaper BlackBerrys also mean that even low-level criminals are using the devices to communicate with one another.

Just thought this was interesting.
    If Criminals want they can find a way to use anything for their evil deeds and there is not much can be done about it, I mean really - so they're using a blackberry now, prior to that it was most likely a phone or a face to face over a cup of joe, plotting stuff as they walk down the street. But when it come to Digital, everything Digital leaves a Digital Signature.

But thanks for the update though!

PIN/ID
    243e1873

There is no such thing as a BB in the wrong hands. We just all use it for something else.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~makes you wonder about your fellow pinstackers .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast